HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is very effective. I took first place with it in RECCE class including a clean score on the longest stage which was ten targets ranged from 500 down to 350.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6PFr-5Wuj4/pubhtml?gid=1594487862&single=true

The course of fire was not easy:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tzl8Jzi7zUDRD2gMnw4bdJCaNvFgU_q-G6PFr-5Wuj4/pubhtml?gid=1582897752&single=true

I have a lot of confidence in this gun. It won 2nd place in DMR in it's first match, and now 1st in RECCE. It's an MR556 upper on a DPMS lower.

This is how I shot it as a RECCE class gun. ACOG TA01-NSN in a LaRue mount, a Lancer Carbon Fiber handguard (awesome) Thunderbeast suppressor mount, RRA 2 stage trigger and Magpul stock.

Ammo was handloaded Hornady 75's over 8208 XBR. The load is over book so I won't publish it, but it's about 2650fps.

TfaSsuR.jpg

If you are in Eastern/SE PA and have an AR or other gun with an optic 6x or under, you can shoot RECCE and should check these matches out. It is so much fun, and you'll become a much better shooter for coming.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Seems more like the shooter knowing his equipment; way to hang in there and get the win. Sounds like a fun course of fire save for the NRA mandate positions.

Can you explain the classes, what "R" and "D" mean?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Is there a certain model# for that handguard? The Lancer website has about a gajillion models listed with nothing under HK/MR556. I'm guessing that it's significantly lighter than the other options available.

Good shootin' BTW!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

I appreciate the confidence. ;-)

Fatman - PM me on the handguard so I don't forget. Lancer is a match sponsor and I can call their armorer and get this specific info for you.

I highly recommend the HG. The gun lost weight, I got more forward control, and it looks cool as ****. Their new models are MLOK but mine is an older one.

dms16 - Sure:

the D is for DMR. DMR guns are long range semi-autos. Having a scope greater than 6x on your gun, or competing with a bipod on it put you into DMR.

R is for RECCE. A RECCE (wrecky) gun is a class based loosely on the original SEAL recon rifle, which is an accurized fighting rifle. To be in this class your optic has to be 6x or under, and you may not have a bipod. This class is VERY easy to play in. Put an ACOG on, or a similar 1-4-5-6x optic and you are ready.

Both classes are allowed slings on the rifles, and may be used as accuracy aids. Run any barrel length you want. Brakes, suppressors, f/h, whatever.

--

There's nothing wrong with a technical accuracy exercise or two. "how ken yeh have any pudding if yeh don't eat yeh meat?!?"

·
Needs Therapy
694 Posts
I assume this was the University range shoot. I was looking at this and considered signing up. Is it all 5.56 or is 762 welcome as well?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yessir, it was URC. 7.62, as well as any other "short action" (308 boltface) caliber is also most welcome in either class, as are NFA suppressors.

We are probably going to do a movers clinic in November. Come on out for that if you can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts