HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stopped by an expensive gun shop this afternoon, but hey it's the only one around that is open on Sunday. :690:

And they stock H&K! :wink:

AND they had a Mark 23 in stock!! I handled it... Ohhhhhhhh..... :31:

A_N_D I get a profit sharing check and my tax return in about a week!!! :530:

I think know what my first HK is going to be! :28: I won't buy it from them, I have a friendly favorite gun shop that can get it in three days. I can wait that long! :biggrin:

Woohoo! Gotta get me a suppressor and paint my face black! :43:

- Thomas

·
Registered
437 Posts
Get them while they last! The Mark 23 is a remarkable piece of engineering and craftsmanship. But new examples will not be available much longer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get them while they last! The Mark 23 is a remarkable piece of engineering and craftsmanship. But new examples will not be available much longer.
Well, one distributor listed 19, and another listed that he had 38. Either way, when I order Monday or Tuesday, I hope they'll still have some. :biggrin:

Besides, I thought these were made in "runs" and that they always get low, then H&K makes another run!?

- Thomas

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Yeah, I remember the first time I held a mk23 it felt like there was a meaning to my life!!!

Good luck on getting yours. Make sure to post pics.

And yes, MK23's are officially discontinued by HK.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know exactly what you mean lou, have been there done that lol. For those who want one do not let anyone say that the money is too much for a pistol. When I go to the range I do get funny looks but when they see how it shoots it does change from funny to wow.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I had seen pictures of the MARK 23 next to a USP, but as others have said the size doesn't really hit you until you see the MARK 23 up close and personal. I had an opportunity to do that a while back and I loved the way it fit in my hand. I found a good deal on a used one a few weeks ago, but it will take me another couple of months (at least) to get all the paper work done (permits and such - I live in France) before I will actually get my hands on mine. This will be my first HK (my first gun period).

So, best wishes to you Thomas in getting yours.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Oh, and these things are built to last. So, unless you just really want a new one and have more money than you know what to do with, you might check out used ones. There is usually at least one up for sale on this site, often in new or like new condition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I remember the first time I held a mk23 it felt like there was a meaning to my life!!!

And yes, MK23's are officially discontinued by HK.

Whoa, do you mean really, really discontinued?!? Not just discontinued until thy make more? Yikes! :confused:

And Detective Callahan, thanks for the advice on saving money buying used, I’ll look into that, here and on Gun Broker. I'm sure there are some FOOLS that think it is "too big" and are willing to take a loss. Reminds me of the many .44 Magnum revolvers I've seen for sale that also come with 44 rounds of ammo! (They shot one cylinder and said "Yow! What did I do!" :eek: )

On the other hand, if I'm not saving $1000, I'l probably just order a new one! :690:

- Thomas

·
Registered
166 Posts
The only gun I currently own that I will never sell under any circumstances. :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
I love the one I have. I got it a few months ago, and it is a really nice shooting gun. Last range trip a buddy of mine and I were trying to hit a target on the berm about 100 yards away with it. 45 acp drops a good bit, but we ended up adjusting properly and hit it a few times. At 50 yards, its super accurate for the distance. Im very pleased with the acquisition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts