HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello H&K Enthusiasts,

After handling a Mark 23 last week-end I had decided to order one as my first HK pistol.

I stopped by my favorite "Local Gun Shop", Shooter's Supply in Loveland, Ohio, and there didn't seem to be any worries about availability, as one of their distributors had 19 and the other had 38.

I meant to call all this week, but work was crazy hectic, and every day I was driving home after 5 pm and thought "Oh crap, I forgot to call!"

So today (Saturday) I stopped by the gun shop to place my order, and when they checked their distributors, the one that had 19 had none, and the one that had 38 had 5 left!!!

The salesman assured me that we have one "locked in" and that it should arrive this coming Thursday, but yikes, I feel like I just made it!

Okay, I know where to get good black and green face paint , but who makes the best (quietest?) suppressor for my HK Mark 23? :wink:

- Thomas

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Shooter's Supply, ouch that had to hurt. I stopped going in there after I had a salesman drop the hammer of an AK that was pointed dead center at my chest. I wouldn't recommend that shop to my worst enemy. But glad you'll get your Mark 23.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Perfect timing on my parts, I just sold a used one before the new prices go up due to lack of supply ;-). At least mine is finding a good home.

I would get the KAC suppressor if you are after a "historical" package and gettting a good suppressor for the nominal grand plus. The other two are probably a little quiter but would not expect any better built know the KAC production line. Also decide if you "need" or "wish" one that comes apart.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
RSR Group has 81 Mark 23's in stock for dealers as of this morning.

Don't think they are drying up that fast yet.

I would go with the KAC can as well. Purpose built for the Mark 23, and is still quiet even by today's competition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awww, you traditionalists are making me dizzy. :biggrin:

I really like some of the sale pitch on the AAC Ti-Rant 45, but you are making a heartfelt case for the 'ol KAC.

While we are on the subject, and since my thread was moved to the NFA talk, and I'm a stoopid noobie, what is with the "wet" use of a suppressor? I do understand water is involved, something about removing the oxygen from the suppressor so the first shot won't "pop"? How is the water applied, and where? :eek:

- Thomas

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Awww, you traditionalists are making me dizzy. :biggrin:

I really like some of the sale pitch on the AAC Ti-Rant 45, but you are making a heartfelt case for the 'ol KAC.

While we are on the subject, and since my thread was moved to the NFA talk, and I'm a stoopid noobie, what is with the "wet" use of a suppressor? I do understand water is involved, something about removing the oxygen from the suppressor so the first shot won't "pop"? How is the water applied, and where? :eek:

- Thomas
You get ride (actually control) the first round pop by suppressor design and/or removing the oxygen (i.e. filling with CO2), adding water goes one step further and takes away some of the energy of the noise by the phase change of the water (i.e. instead of making noise by expanding the air/gas quickly, some of energy goes into making steam, which in turns reduces the net peak & average sound level).

One can squirt a liquid into the suppressor and maybe shake is a little to get out excess and/or distribute the moisture, have seen water, diet soda, gels/lube for drawing wire and even some gels for shall we say "personal usage" to keep this posting at least PG13 rated ;-) .

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I shot my Tirant wet last week and it made such a big mess I'll never do it again. I used water (maybe I put too much) but it spit wet carbon all over my hand, arms, and even some on my face.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
I like the Osprey on my M23. I seem to be the only one writing in on the Osprey, but it performs as well or better in my opinion to the others mentioned.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I like the Osprey on my M23. I seem to be the only one writing in on the Osprey, but it performs as well or better in my opinion to the others mentioned.
I bet it does. I think with the osprey the question isn't the performance, it's just the fact that some people like the traditional cylinder design, others like innovation.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Silencerco claims theirs is better, AAC claims theirs is better so let's call performance equal there. I'd say even though I own the Tirant I like the features of the Osprey better. I like their idea of the putting the serial number close to the piston. I don't know which company has better customer service. My tirant can be taken down and cleaned (I think the osprey can too) but I have yet to buy the tool and/or clean it. Those are some things to consider. The Osprey is a little shorter too. My Tirant seems a bit long at time depending on what host I use....

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Knight's Armament made the suppressors for the USSOCOM version of the MARK 23. In Europe, I believe that HK marketed a suppressor with their name on it for the MARK 23 that was made by Brugger et Thomet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts