HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, would like to know who is in for meeting up at the 'Creek, Saturday, the 14th.

I am offering 4 seats in the Avalanche, with plenty -o- dry storage in the rear.

Im thinking maybe get there at 7:30-8:00 so as parking would be more likely to NOT be an issue. This year Id like to have a spot level enough that the chicken wont fall off the grill! lol

I would like to know about eating/shelter arrangements. As you all know, KCR is known for its 'Biblical' weather, either desert dry or 40 day/night rains.

Im thinking EZups, chairs, couple grills, eats, drinks, adult drinks poss., lets get this planned up.

Maybe if we form a list and everyone sets up early what they are bringing, this will go off pretty smooth.

Ive already posted for time off at the workplace, so its on!

Hkx3 :350:

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not all at once!

geez... the silence is deafening...

:510:

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
I'm ready to discuss all things required for a day in the sun (or rain), neither rain, nor snow, nor darkness of night will prevent Pyro Mike from his mission. REXT is in Vegas this week rollin' the bones and looking at tig ole' biddies!

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This Rex guy has it figured out. I knew I should have went the plumbing route... What a life! Chicks, cars, guns, rented chicks...

Im just plain jealous.

hkx3

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yep, figured out...I thought I would get one last peek here before we leave in the morning.Dont know when I will get another chance this week or if I care to! Big Daddy Rext went shopping today at some of the lower class stores here in town and picked up some party favors for the ladies.Hope that pans out,we'll see.
Anyway,I am planning on going to the shoot as well.I am going Friday also.Let me know what I can pitch in to help with.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I call shotgun! Do you want to Huddle-up for breakfast? I will pitch in for some food and drinks.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok as I see it now:

Meet up, Huddle Up in Bardstown for breakfast and in-depth conversation.

Proceed to KCR, attempt to find grade-A parking, level.

Deploy to funshow, halfway in remember you forgot hearing protection (again)

Buy/spend/visit ATM, repeat.

Meet back up at lunch, assemble EZ Ups/etc, and chow.

Hit Funshow again.

Attend night shoot,

Call it a day.

Still have a few seats in the Avy available.

Im bringing:

Grill, gas, drinks, potatoes, plates, forks/spoons, paper towels, all the stuff to cook/etc.

I have chairs available also.

Would suggest we split up on: meat (various animals)

Maybe if you guys can bring the shelter, and some meats/chips, Ill take care of the rest.

Get some get some more

·
Registered
124 Posts
A few of us Texas boys are headed your way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll be heading down there both Fri. and Sat. You all staying down in the field, or up in the top section? I'll have a 4 wheeler that I bring and park up outside the ticket booth. It has front and rear racks and is available to anyone who wants to haul a load back to the truck. I'll have the key, just call me on my cell and I'll meet up and let you use it! Craig Froman @502-525-0235 My cell works everywhere down there-verizon. :80:

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
I'm ready. REXT, did you win my big PAYOFF? I guess I owe you a buck either way. We can park in the low 40. You'll know my car, the one on FIRE!!

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking that parking on up in the upper would accomodate the walking for us 'less athletic' types. Im up for whatever though. Maybe you guys can park in the low field, and Ill park in the high lot, and then it all works?

No worries!

Hell Im just ready to go. Forget the cooking etc. I say keep it simple.

Just like last shoot, we tried hard, planned and gathered stuff, only to have no time to enjoy anything.

Im not going to let that happen again.

If this goes smooth fine, if not, to hell with it, bring cash, a few guns, and lets GO.

hkx3

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Pyro Mike-Appearance Scheduled at Knob Creek Range

Looks like I may be going down Friday. I have a friend's son who's graduating basic training at Ft. Knox, I may take my sons out of school Friday, go to the graduation, Patton Museum, PX, commisary, Class VI store, etc. then go to the Creek. I can catch up with you. My cell number 859-312-9294. I'll keep you posted.
God Bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in.. just let me know what kind of dead animal to bring and cook and I'm there.

SSG

·
Banned
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cow, Pig, Chicken.

Steaks, chops, burgers, loin, breasts, legs, thighs.

No, Rex, not the pink and purple feathered ones that smell good,

the white and brown feathered ones that have a beak. :)

Maybe some Brats?

I can smell it now...

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK guys. I'll smoke some pork shoulder and shred it to pulled pork BBQ. I brought some at the Deep's Cutlass and Wave Runner demolition show. I just didn't pull it. So... we'll at least have some pig for the dinner! You all bring the "beak meat!" -Craig

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, where are we going to meet before the drive down? I can drive, but someone mentioned a van? If we're carpooling, I can front gas money and a half dozen steaks. I just need to know where to go to hook up with everyone else. (Since Mike's being a snob and wants to drive down by himself the day before).

Billy

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Craig, I enjoyed your Q at Deep Farm, glad to hear you're bringing more! What should I bring? A Tannerite Heater?

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
TIG OLE' BITTIES!!!!!

Now that I have your attention, we are being absolutely too quiet prior to this upcoming spiritual event. Perhaps you are in a period of fasting, meditation and repentance while considering your business ventures at the Creek. I have spoken to my spiritual adviser who feels NOW is an excellent time to invest in BETA-C mags, high caps, etc. for pleasure and profit. He is doing the same. He is a FFL/SOT/Class II manufact. with Govt. Contracts, his sources say beware the return of the BAN. You're not going to lose any money!
God Bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wasn't meditating, I was doing something else... honest...

Anyhoo, I'm glad your little bird told you about an upcoming Ban. I had thought we put a stake through the heart of that evil, undead thing years ago, but I guess I was wrong.

Already got me my Beta mag for the 93.. hoping they come out with the Beta mag for the 91 before any proposed "ban" comes up. I'll have to load up on mags at Knob Creek.... especially 40 rounders and 25 rounders for the 93, if'n they have any.

Wouldn't hurt to load up on more 20 rounders for the 91, either.... yeah, yeah, I know you just gave me 10 mags, Mike, but I have a rule: There is no such thing as too many magazines. Might as well grab a couple of the steel 20 rounders while I am waiting for Civil War Part II to kick off due to the stupid unconstitutional bans these wussies are constantly trying to force upon everyone else.:53: :62: :45: :17:

So, are you carpooling down to Knob Creek or what?

Billy

1 - 20 of 100 Posts