HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Descending into HKoholism
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The prices for the MKE clones imported by Century are going down towards normalcy.

Shorter barrel:
Longer barrel:
Both for $1620 + $20 shipping

These are made in Turkey.
I do not know what magazines are included - could be MKE, could be ETS.
There is no track record of reliability; it is unknown if Century requested corners to be cut in order to drive the prices down.
The prices probably should go down $200 more. Unless the camel, the bidet, or the sh_tman figure out a way to cause another ban or meltdown.
I have ordered once or twice from Dahlonega and it went Ok. YMMV

In other words, you will have to make the call whether you should buy one from this website, from this brand, at this price. :)

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Great dealer, terrible importer with a matching track record of support, and not a terrible price now in my opinion.

Some other median outlets have shown some horrible paint jobs and odd tooling (magazine catch area, over sized pin holes, etc), yet reports are they shoot well.

Magazine is marked MKE. I went ahead and sourced a single mag to test and it's flawless, but price is almost that of a HK so not worth it.

I'd still get a PCS gun any day for a clone, but at that price range they best PTR to me.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
I'll keep my POF5 but if I didn't have it I'd try one of these at half the price of HK.

Reactions: ctyatty and srgwml

·
Registered
7 Posts
I reserved mine just because it seemed close to a real HK and I figured that importation is bound to be targeted by the current administration eventually. At a minimum I'll just buy a PTR down the road if need be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve got 2 of the same guns from Zenith and a co-worker bought 2 of the same guns as Century imports. His AP5 (MP5) is a little nicer than my Z5RS. The only real difference is mine has a stamping flaw inside the left stock channel where a metal shaving probably fell into the die. You have to look for it and it doesn’t hurt anything.

I haven’t seen his AP5P (MP5k PDW) yet. My Z5P is decent. The mag well is a little looser than the Z5RS and I’ve got rust under the reinforcement plates on the back of the receiver where it didn’t get painted. There are also a few dirt pimples in the receiver around the trunnion from crud in the stamping die. It’s also missing a small spot of paint on one side from the gun being shipped in a hard plastic insert in the case they come with.

Overall all of the MKE that I have seen have been good mil spec guns that function very reliably. They aren’t finished to the same standard as a SP5 but the internal parts all appear to be well made and the guns are straight with good welds.

It’s nice to have the two pin lowers. Factory trigger housings fit with no modification. I replaced the contoured pistol grip SEF lower on my Z5RS with a Navy / Ambi style SEF that was originally a G3 lower. It makes reaching the selector easier. I’ve also SBR’d both of mine.

As far as cost, my Z5RS was $1550 back in 2016, so if you can get an AP5 for $1600 or so today, I’d consider it a good deal. Mine came with 3 mags. The current guns come with 2 mags and a tri-lug flash hider, which is actually harder to find and usually cost $80-100, so the value is maybe a little more. I’d buy with confidence.

·
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bumping the thread - it makes absolutely no sense to buy the same for $300 more at a "specialty" cold deal.
Instead, buy magazines for these $300.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Century just reduced the wholesale price by like $700 or so. Nice for customer, sucks for dealers who had inventory from what I hear

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the price for Century/MKE clones are now down to earth, give or take a $100 or 2. Took a look at a P model at a LGS. Very nice pistol: fit, finish, handling. If I was on the market for another clone, I would scoop one up. Can't go wrong at these prices IMO.

·
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Century just reduced the wholesale price by like $700 or so. Nice for customer, sucks for dealers who had inventory from what I hear
While I understand there were dealers caught in the trap right before the fall and sympathize with them, at the same time there are "special" sellers, which would rather keep something collecting dust on the shelves, instead of keeping the money in constant rotation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts