HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are th pics of the gun finnaly completed, i really should have picked a different rifle to do my first H&K build on but i think it came out ok, i still need to get it to the range to zero the scope

a couple of things maby some of you other builders can help me with.

the rifle is a bitch to unlock at times, i think is because the headspace went to zero after test firing i had initially set it at .014, i was going to put some +4 rollers in it to see if it atleast will bring it up. but if it doesnt i'll probably have to press the barrel back out and redo it, i'll probably send it out at that point to jayson or ralph, to have it done

but anyways let me know what you think

thanks

PS yeah i know i should have dusted the rifle befor snaping pics :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the final price rundow

i know some might be interested in how much it cost to build

heres the rundown to the best of my memory

JLD PTR91 receiver 220$ + dros

complete PSG-1 trigger assembly includeing wood grip
455$ + a H&K53 betamag and 2 MP5 mags

PSG-1 forearm 200$ (THANKS JFK!!!! i still havent found another for sale)

Rhinemetal G3 carrier with HK91 bolt head, cut for the forward assist 200$
(JFK did the assist cuts)

JFK PSG-1 cocking tube complete with support and 21 style handle 135$
(i cant exactly remember the exact price on this)

Black market parts PSG-1 trunnion 100$ shipped (gun broker)

PSG-1 barrel 280$ plus 325$ to have it fluted and profiled by a gunsmith

actual Hensoldt ZF6X42PSG1 925$ shipped all the way from newzealand

scope mounts for PSG-1 scope 125$ (thanks again Jimmy!)

PSG-1 forward assist assembly complete 255$ from DANO's
(i had no problems with him very nice to dealwith i sent the Money and i had my part as described in less then a week)

RDTS PSG-1 reinforceing rails 195$ shipped

mag catch kit 35$

PSG-1 buttstock......... not mine :( a friend of mine is way awesome to let me barrow his until i can get one but last i checked H&K wants 870$ for a new one

price for all of the parts including buying a brand new PSG-1 buttstock
3895$

god i hope my wife dosent log onto HKPRO and see this post :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i did all of the building myself, all the head spaceing,tig welding, parking, painting etc...

i've been working on this build for about 10 months tracking down parts and actual build time

every week i send a fax to murray urbach and in ten months i still havent gotten a reply, so i decided i diddint want my kids to have to pay for the rifle when it's finnaly ready.

the build couldent have been possible without some of the board members who post here, to name a few. JFK, 11 C ABN and others thanks again guys !!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good work, congratulation!!!

I wish we could have stuff like that here.

Pat

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Very cool!! I don't recall my factory PSG-1 having a forward assist. Did I miss something?

·
Banned
384 Posts
Maybe ol' Mike has just been on the sauce a bit more than usual...

lol

:100000:

·
Registered
390 Posts
here are th pics of the gun finnaly completed, i really should have picked a different rifle to do my first H&K build on but i think it came out ok, i still need to get it to the range to zero the scope

a couple of things maby some of you other builders can help me with.

the rifle is a bitch to unlock at times, i think is because the headspace went to zero after test firing i had initially set it at .014, i was going to put some +4 rollers in it to see if it atleast will bring it up. but if it doesnt i'll probably have to press the barrel back out and redo it, i'll probably send it out at that point to jayson or ralph, to have it done

but anyways let me know what you think

thanks

PS yeah i know i should have dusted the rifle befor snaping pics :)

Nice looking gun! If the headspace went to ZERO +4 rollers will not fix the problem. You will need to repress the barrel.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
price for all of the parts including buying a brand new PSG-1 buttstock
3795$

god i hope my wife dosent log onto HKPRO and see this post :)
Just take the >/. key off your keyboard. It was under $40. They're just a bunch of old gun parts anyways.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heres the odd thing about the headspaceing, when i had first test fired it the head space went to .006, .007 wouldent fit. i havent fired it since and when i went to do the final assembly lastnight after painting i checked it again and i couldent get the feeler guage in at all. i dont think after running 20 or so rounds through it and haveing it go to .006, just putting the bolt in could change it to zero

im going to try cleaning the chamber area and barrel face and checking again.
worst case senario it's gotta go to IGF which doesent bother me i would do it myself but the rifle wont fit on my press, i had to press the barrel with the trunnion out of the receiver

·
Registered
872 Posts
PSG-1 Clone

Me thinks that Paul123 needs to update his picture under his name in this board. It seems to be missing a precision rifle???

Looks great!

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
WOW! That is beautiful.

I've been in love with PSG-1's since I have seen the first one in a book. So I am always saying to my friend, "Buy Louis a PSG!." I just sent him this link in an e-mail that says, "Build Louis a PSG!"

Great job! Thanks for sharing pics. You should be proud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
nice looking rig, good inspiration. i wish i had a psg handgaurd to finish mine. also, that first round in the mag, and the second are facing different directions, right? or am i not seeing something.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very well done. Hope ot shoots as good as it looks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very nice. Im sure that with the effort that you have already shown you are willing to put into your rifle, you will have punching holes in bulls eyes in no time. Well done.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts