HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told that the SAR 3/8 imported from Greece is the closest in quality you can get to an HK without paying HK prices....Any truth to that?

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
The Springfield Armory (G3, SAR-3, SAR-3/8), and FMP (G3S, XG3S--- if 3/89 or 5/89) would qualify!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
I've been told that the SAR 3/8 imported from Greece is the closest in quality you can get to an HK without paying HK prices....Any truth to that?
That's the legend. And few would try to dispute it. Very few.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Never owned an SAR3/8 but I've had some EBO parts pass through. IMO the quality of the fit and finish far surpasses other contract MFG's

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never owned an SAR3/8 but I've had some EBO parts pass through. IMO the quality of the fit and finish far surpasses other contract MFG's

If you have a Greek made mag and would sell it let me know. I am looking for a 20 round EBO mag.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I don't think Hellinic manufactured mags, I've never seen one.
By the time EBO was contracted to produce the G3 there was probably no need for them to set up production to manufacture their own magazines.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
I don't think Hellinic manufactured mags, I've never seen one.
By the time EBO was contracted to produce the G3 there was probably no need for them to set up production to manufacture their own magazines.
The factory, 20-round magazine that came with my SA G3 was a plain, unmarked, SA, steel magazine!!! :biggrin:

Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts