HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats special about the Custom Combat vs a normal USP?

I know it has the rear novak and the enhanced grip.

But, I've seen that it has some sort of a jet funnel. What does this mean? How is it better?

And are these 3 things the only differences?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
.45 Custom Combat
*Color frame only - ODGreen/Tan/Gray
*Novak night sight/Hi-Viz front sight
*Decal Grip
*Special Custom Combat booklet from H&K authenticating the pistol as a Custom Combat

.40 Custom Combat/Competition
*Color frame only - ODGreen or Tan
*Novak night sight/Hi-Viz front sight
*Decal Grip
*Jet Funnel kit installed
*Special Custom Combat booklet from H&K authenticating the pistol as a Custom Combat/Competition
*Compact models with same above features, except the Jet Funnel kit

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Color frame only on the Combat Comp. .40? I don't think so seeing as I own a black one.

Also, don't forget the trigger is a Match trigger crossed with LEM. The first DA shot (when decocked) is light like LEM and then the pistol reverts to SA with more of a Match trigger feel with very little take up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's a USP set up for competition. My Custom Combat is a Khaki frame w/ Novak fiber sight and factory mag funnel. It is also a Variant 1 (they offer it in LEM). Don't confuse it (like a lot of people here do) with the Combat and Competition package.

The Novak is nice for fast sight acquisition in a match and the mag funnel makes mag changes faster plus lets the 16-rnd .40 mags fit flush.

Used mine today in an IPSC match.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Color frame only on the Combat Comp. .40? I don't think so seeing as I own a black one.

Also, don't forget the trigger is a Match trigger crossed with LEM. The first DA shot (when decocked) is light like LEM and then the pistol reverts to SA with more of a Match trigger feel with very little take up.
You have one of the new Combat Competition with the MatchLEM trigger and it only comes in black, your pistol is not a Custom Combat. Some people were calling the .40 version Custom Competition - thats not correct, all these color frame pistols in .45/.40 with the above features, were billed as "Custom Combat' by Heckler & Koch. The Custom Combat uses the standard factory USP trigger.
http://www.hk-usa.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=75http://www.hk-usa.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=75

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood. I must not have made sense of the slash mark between combat and competition in your first post. Anyway, I'm sure you have it right.

·
Registered
280 Posts
CUSTOM COMBAT Booklet?

Kost: What is different about the booklet? I have a 45 CUSTOM COMBAT (AE) and a 40 CUSTOM COMBAT(AE) and they have the generic USP/ELITE/EXPERT/TACTICAL booklet. Both have CUSTOM COMBAT on the boxes with the serial numbers on the usual sticker. Three friends have them too. All 5 were purchased between April and July 2007 from CDNN or Gordon Miller. The only thing different was the DECAL GRIP backage in the box. I'm curious.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Its more like a leaflet...

Picture of a very rare gray Custom Combat with rare Decal Grip on front and back strap as well as front trigger guard. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I must have been ripped off. That Grey one is sweet. I have lust in my heart. Is that your's? is it for sale? Side question, I understand that some models are in on and off production, but are the coloured frames gone forever?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Not for sale. As of now, no more colored USP's. I really want an HK45 in ODGReen. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does the Custom Combat have the same trigger as the standard USP and dose it have "Custom Combat" on the slide?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts