HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys; I'm pumped; finally paid for and waiting for ship; on my hkp30s / 9mm to mate with my hk45c; can't wait to shoot it; hope the over talked about trigger reset isn't as bad as it made out to be; only held one at gun shop and had the feel to die for; I'd rather not spend more for a reset reduction job; over the rather high initial cost already; I love the 45c's trigger. Your input on p30s trigger appreciated. thanks John

·
Registered
281 Posts
The ergos will overcome anything the trigger lacks. Like gt said, It's a training issue. One caveat I've noticed for ME with it is if I don't have the "s", variant my thumbs forward grip makes my thumb sit on the slide release. But seeings how you got the s, you should be fine so enjoy it. Waiting for a new gun is torture! After my vacation in August, ill be saving for a new one myself. It can't come soon enough

·
Registered
83 Posts
I shot one after shooting my USPc 9mm. I didn't really notice the reset being much different to be honest, but I am not an expert shooter and I think I was more focused on the ergo difference than anything else. I just bought a P30 off another member so when it comes in I'll be able to do a better comparison.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Great gun. My favorite gun, and my primary CCW for most of the year. The reset is longer compared to other HKs and other manufacturers, but as others have said if you choose to give the stock trigger a chance it is something that you can work through with range time and dry fire practice. The trigger also does lighten up with the more rounds that you run through it, and I have yet to short-stroke it...oddly enough something I used to do from time-to-time with my Sigs. Enjoy!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great gun. My favorite gun, and my primary CCW for most of the year. The reset is longer compared to other HKs and other manufacturers, but as others have said if you choose to give the stock trigger a chance it is something that you can work through with range time and dry fire practice. The trigger also does lighten up with the more rounds that you run through it, and I have yet to short-stroke it...oddly enough something I used to do from time-to-time with my Sigs. Enjoy!
I've never short stroked mine either, come to think of it. I think some trigger subtleties will be of more importance to some than others. Todd Green didn't seem to have a problem short stroking the P30 LEM trigger when he put all those tens of thousands of rounds through his for the torture test. It's not a 1911, but it is a very useable, even fast trigger if trained enough with. The more I shoot mine, the more I like it. I've gotten so used to my LEM trigger that I have short stroked a revolver recently, though. That is a training issue as well. I've seen Jerry Miculek!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've never short stroked mine either, come to think of it. I think some trigger subtleties will be of more importance to some than others. Todd Green didn't seem to have a problem short stroking the P30 LEM trigger when he put all those tens of thousands of rounds through his for the torture test. It's not a 1911, but it is a very useable, even fast trigger if trained enough with. The more I shoot mine, the more I like it. I've gotten so used to my LEM trigger that I have short stroked a revolver recently, though. That is a training issue as well. I've seen Jerry Miculek!
I agree. Not a short reset by any means (1911s, PPQ, etc.), but it was nothing some range and dry fire time couldn't improve for me. I ran a little over a thousand rounds through mine the first month I had it, and have had it for just over a year now. Being my favorite CCW, I shoot it (and my sk) more than any of my guns, and don't have any issues with trigger control at speed. Coming from Sigs, I decided to stick with the DA/SA configuration that I know well. It has been the perfect gun for me, and pairs up well with the sk that I bought in February.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree. Not a short reset by any means (1911s, PPQ, etc.), but it was nothing some range and dry fire time couldn't improve for me. I ran a little over a thousand rounds through mine the first month I had it, and have had it for just over a year now. Being my favorite CCW, I shoot it (and my sk) more than any of my guns, and don't have any issues with trigger control at speed. Coming from Sigs, I decided to stick with the DA/SA configuration that I know well. It has been the perfect gun for me, and pairs up well with the sk that I bought in February.
Oh,yeah, the DA/SA. I almost bought that myself. I considered a P30s in DA/SA that I could have cocked and locked, as I came from 1911s. I actually thought the SA was really pretty sweet on the P30s V3 that I tried. I shot the DA on it pretty well, too, since I've had several revolvers. I just had never had a DA/SA gun, and decided to go for consistency, so I got the LEM V2. One of these days I'll get around to changing out some of the springs to see how I like the other LEM versions, but I'm not really unhappy with my V2. I wish Illinois would allow concealed carry, so I'd have an excuse to get a P2000sk!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I hear ya. I really like my sk, and it is a great warm/hot weather carry in place of my P30. I don't have a lot of experience with revolvers...have shot quite a few, but never got really interested in them. First pistol I purchased years ago was a fresh off the line SW99, from the initial Smith Walther joint venture. It was a .40, and as a poor college student I couldn't afford the range time much less the ammo to shoot enough to really be comfortable with it. When I decided to get serious about shooting and getting my CCW (in my late 20's, settling into a career), I got turned onto Sigs...so all of my pistols have been DA/SA. I did go through a stage of lusting after 1911s after going to the range several times with a client and his Les Baer Customs (and other higher end 1911s), but always decided on DA/SA pistols. That's just what I'm used to. I would like to get some time on an LEM, to see if it is something that I am interested in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.