I know there was someone here that turned their USP(I think it was a USP40) into a 10mm, this is about 10mm in a USP45 platform.
This is just a theory, but I think a 10mm can function inside a USP45 platform. I say this because;
1. I put a 45acp 230gr ball next to a 10mm 180gr fmj(flat point) and they were practically the same height.
2. I loaded put the USP45 mags with 10mm. They loaded perfect.
3. I racked a round from that USP45 mag loaded with 10mm. It loaded fine.
4. I pulled the slide back to see if the 45 extractor would hold on to the 10mm casing, it did but it was a tight snug on the casing like it normally should. But it did EJECT(with USP45 factory parts).
I think a 10mm will work in a USP45 with these following modifications and parts;
1. barrel fit for a USP45 with 10mm chamber & bore
2. extractor with 1mm more on the tip(to give more grip on the 10mm case)
3. heavier recoil spring. Factory USP 13-14 lbs, so the 10mm might need an extra 4-8 lbs(standard 10mm to REAL 10mm loads= 1300-1600fps).
What do you guys think? If I'm fool of s***, I'd like to know that too(try the function test listed above.
All suggestions, inquiries, advice, & etc WELCOMED.
If someone already wrote this EXACT theory/thread, I apologize. I've been away from the boards for a while!