HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if i'm polluting this forum with alot of noob questions, but I'm super interested in learning more H&K MP5's and parts so i can get the full benefits and life out of it.

So i brought this:
I have for auction a Coharie clone of the MP5 .40 s&w pistol. Comes with 9 magazines, 3 of which are HK German magazines.Comes with case and care manual. The complete bolt carrier group is all HK factory, along with the recoil spring, recoil rod and the complete lower is also German. I can send more pics if you email me. Can only sell where legal, if you gun laws suck in your state please don't bid.
Then i asked the guy this: Do you think i can add a stock to this to make it a SBR once i get the tax stamp to? Is this full or semi? how many rounds is those magazines?

Yes, once its been SBR all you have to do is add a butt-stock.
each magazine holds 30 rounds.
Its a semi auto now, the bolt carrier is auto so all you need to do is add a registered auto sear to it.
so i found this for $6
Factory Full Auto sear (BMP5-175)

I haven't got the gun yet. If its that simple then why this auto sear is being sold for $100
Products

I seen one the other day sale for +$14,000 on gunbroker.

So what's the deal. I know they need to be registered but how hard and expensive is it really?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Registered sears are expensive (over $10K). You just can't put any old sear in your weapon. It has to be registered. If you put any old sear in it you have just made an ILLEGAL full auto machine gun.

As far as this:
Yes, once its been SBR all you have to do is add a butt-stock.
each magazine holds 30 rounds.
Its a semi auto now, the bolt carrier is auto so all you need to do is add a registered auto sear to it.

True you can add a stock to make it an SBR but I believe you still have to be compliant on the 922 parts. (You can only have so many foreign parts in a rifle, either regular or sbr.) However, if you have a true registered sear you do not need to worry about the compliance parts because it is a machine gun.

Having a full auto bolt carrier does not make your gun a full auto gun or a machine gun per the ATF.

Anyone else chime in if I errored!

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
I haven't got the gun yet. If its that simple then why this auto sear is being sold for $100
Products

I seen one the other day sale for +$14,000 on gunbroker.

So what's the deal. I know they need to be registered but how hard and expensive is it really?
The reason that sear is only $100 is that it is a post dealer sample sear. It cannot be owned by anyone other than an NFA dealer (one licensed to sell machineguns) and even that requires a "love letter" from a PD requesting a demonstration.

Or you also have regular HK "sears" for about $6, as a replacement part for registered trigger boxes.

All these parts are cheep because they aren't registered... and cannot be registered. They are just "parts". Any attempt to use them in a conversion will be rewarded with a (up to) $200K fine and twenty years of free vacation time at "Club Fed"... where you might find true love with your 350 lb cellmate named "Bubba". You will never strain on the toilet again... :biggrin:

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You mean if i have $ i could win the chance to find true love?!? Sounds like a good night at the blue clam ...fun times indeed

Nah, but seriously i'm going to stay with the semi and just go through the $200 for the suppressor after reading this. I couldn't afford to run full auto anyway just from the extra ammo spent yet alone lol.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
You mean if i have $ i could win the chance to find true love?!?
Well, no. IF you had $$, you could just buy a registered sear and avoid the entire thing... you'd be in love with something else... and most likely never meet "Bubba".

·
Registered
10,256 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got a friend named bubba, but he's 400lb, not 350lb. I thought the no girlfriend thing was cuz he helps unemployed hookers get jobs and the gf never approves of it.

Anyway, I'm still paying for a truck and need to get and pay off a house next. Anyone that's able to pay $10,000-20000 for a full auto must be either making some serious money or got the their sh** together. I'm younger then 30yr old and have to work my azz off in the oil field so i'm not there yet. BUT $400-700 for a suppressor and $200 for the tax stamp is WAY easier to get then full auto at this point in my life. I don't get many luxuries for my hard work because i rather wait and hold out. I been holding out on getting this clone mp5 for long enough.

Full auto not that important to me anyway. I thought it was going to be like getting a suppressor, $6 + $200 for the tax stamp. Nevermind now:100000:

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
i got a friend named bubba, but he's 400lb, not 350lb. :
Hey, we operate strictly on a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy around here. You shouldn't volunteer this type of information.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
. Any attempt to use them in a conversion will be rewarded with a (up to) $200K fine and twenty years of free vacation time at "Club Fed"... where you might find true love with your 350 lb cellmate named "Bubba". You will never strain on the toilet again... :biggrin:
Shattered: your communication skills have reached a new level.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts