HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about going the Jet funnel route with my USP fullsize 9mm. But the problem is that I have 13 mags for the 9mm. and after I go with the jet funnel, they will be useless with it on. Some one convince me that the $350 or so to buy a jet funnel and 5-6 mags is worth it. Plus I would like to hear any feedback on the jet funnel and the mags, be it positive or negative. Gun is well used as a back up off duty weapon and goes into the hunting woods with me everytime. So someone show me a little HK love and talk me into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like my USPf .40 jet funnel. I purchased the weapon with the jf installed , so mags were not an issue. I suppose you could sell the short mags after the install. Sounds as though you have a good excuse to buy a new GUN!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like my USPf .40 jet funnel. I purchased the weapon with the jf installed , so mags were not an issue. I suppose you could sell the short mags after the install. Sounds as though you have a good excuse to buy a new GUN!!!!! LOL
Good point that I totally missed... You could sell your existing mags to help offset the cost. That'll work decent if you've got a number of 15 rounders. If they're all 10 rounders, then it won't help as much.

Also, you can still use the mags by unscrewing the funnel portion once it's installed. Some may argue that it's a plus, but I just don't see the point. If I install the JF, I don't see any reason to take it off.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
But let it be known that you do not have to sell your old mags, and you can still use those mags. Removal of the Jet Funnel requires unscrewing one 3mm hex screw on the bottom of the jet funnel. It takes all of 5 seconds to use your old mags again, which I use for better winter concealment. I also use the regular mags for range specific mags, so I don't have to put any wear and tear on the more expensive JF mags.

You may label me as having a conflict of interest on this since I currently have a Jet Funnel for sale in the HK Marketplace here on the forums, but the Jet Funnel is one of my favorite additions to my USP 40. I think it balances the gun better, especially with a light attached. I shoot better with the JF mags in. And for me, I train to use 3 bullets per assailant. With mine, I can conservatively engage 5 pepper popper targets and still have 2 rounds left over. After having 16 rounds of 40, I wouldn't go back to 13. You have to decide whether or not you feel the same way between 18 and 15.

And that doesn't mention how the JF makes magazine reloads easier.

The down sides are:
- the white mags are addictive, you can never have enough
- the extra length makes concealing the weapon more difficult
- you lose the lanyard loop

That's all I can think of, for now...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree, I have the jetfunnel and like it a lot, its expensive with all the mags but for simple range use etc you can take the jet funnel off in 5 seconds and use 10 round mags or high caps it came with to use as shooters. This is what I tend to do. I have it on a USP 9mm and a USP expert 9mm as well as a 40 custom combat. What is also nice is the 9mm and 40 cal mags are the same except for the amount of holes in the back of the mag showing how many are in them. So I can use my mags back and fourth with each caliber. if you look at your jet funnel mag folowers you will see on the underside that they say 9/.40 so the follower, spring, mag body and floor plate are all the same. Shot thousands of rounds and never had an issue.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like all good things. But I don't know if I should spend the cash on an extra 3 rounds. Plus the lanyard loop is nice to have when you are 20' or more in a tree stand. I think that I am going to get one of the used 9mm. from cdnn and put it on that, so then I won't have to sell my mags. Ha.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I can't help you on the jet funnel question, but I purchased the +2 pads for my 9 and .40 mags. At 25.00 for a pair, they're nice ... making capacity 17 and 15 respectively.

here is the link...
http://www.entreprise.com/hkextensions.htm

This way you don't have to sell your existing mags.

BTW - I just purchased a JF mag and added the +2 pad onto it, no problems.

I too am debating the advantage of the jet funnel.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
We all get lost in the jet funnel being just a mag spacer. But don't forget that its real existence is there to "funnel" mags into the magwell, thus making reloads easier and quicker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trust me, JetFunnel makes big difference in grip. I have tried frame from USP expert on my USP Standard Slide. I love JF :) I have ordered one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How are the extended magazines effected without using the Jet Funnel?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Extended mags stick out the bottom and because they are white, they look awful if you don't have the JF kit. I like the jet funnel because my hands are soo big that my pinky hangs off the USP when shooting. The JF gives me a place to rest it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Extended mags stick out the bottom and because they are white, they look awful if you don't have the JF kit. I like the jet funnel because my hands are soo big that my pinky hangs off the USP when shooting. The JF gives me a place to rest it.
I have just the opposite issue, smaller hands.....
So the JF is not like the Arrendondo mag well funnels that actually open up the mag hole it's a cosmetic thing?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have JF on all my USP 9s and 40s and I do think they are a fun addition. I fail to understand the statement that the 13 rounders are useless. During practice it takes one Allen wrench (metric, forget which size) and less than 30 seconds to remove the JF (attachment part only, not the LL) and you can use the standard mags all day long.
Personally I'd do it and never look back. If you have 5 or 6 mags you have more than enough to last you the rest of your life if the pistol is a hunting/backwoods pistol. Do you really need to be doing mag drops on concrete floors with a woods pistol? I carry my CCW USP 45 in the woods with me all the time and have yet to even let off a single shot, let alone 8/10 or in your case 18. So if it really bothers you to have to remove the JF in order to use the 13 round mags, sell them here. You will take a small loss but that's life when you sell used parts, but you will get back enough to buy several JF mags. Or go crazy and get one or two of the 31 round mags and use your pistol as a walking stick also.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I have the jet funnel on my USP9CC and it definitely speeds up reloads, and I have ten - 18 round magazines for it. I love the set up. I take ten fully loaded magazines to the range and spend more time shooting and less tiem reloading. Do yourself a favor and drop in. You won't be disappointed. Sell your 15 round mags to the HK lovers on this site, as the jet funnel magazines are $63 bucks a pop to off set the cost and you will be all set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts