HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the pics of the P2000 on HK-USA's website:

there appears to be a gap between the top of the backstrap insert and the frame that may pinch or rub the web of the shooting hand.

None of the nearby shops have the P2000 in stock to handle, so I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with this.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks for the reassurance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I put mine up to a white background, I can see a similar gap. I think the picture exaggerates it. There's no way any part of your skin could get caught in that area. I can't even get my fingernail into it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
No worries Slick.

I have a P2000, and four other HK firearms with changeable backstraps. I've had absolutely no problems with any of them. I totaly agree with Meltz, the gap appears to be exaggerated in that picture.

·
Registered
55 Posts
...there appears to be a gap between the top of the backstrap insert and the frame that may pinch or rub the web of the shooting hand.
When I first saw the interchangeable backstraps I was concerned about this as well. But when I got my P2000 I was pleasantly surprised to find that the various backstraps fit very well. There does appear to be a gap, but it's so small that the edges have never rubbed, scraped or pinched my hand at all.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
I have three P2000's. None of them pinch. Nor do any of them have that gap. The P2k is an excellent little pistol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Slick,

If you're interested in a lightly used P2000 9mm LEM (variant 2), I am going to be putting one in the classifieds. Let me know.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Never been a problem for me. I feel very comfortable with the ergonomics and grip of the HK P2000 pistol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts