HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't buy my sear for $50 so the "profit" is not much of a consideration. I bought it a couple of years ago.

I'm now finding myself in more of a real world situation...needing new car...now than when I purchased it. I'm just knocking the idea around so far but xtra $ would come in handy. Don't get me wrong I love FA but...

BTW - I would keep my hosts...couldn't stand to sell the MP5 even if it is SA.

Late model subaru legacy wagon anyone???

Have I lost my mind?

Thanks for all the moral support on this life changing decision...mabe I just need a nap...

·
1,205 Posts
You are trading a non-depreciating asset for a depreciating asset. Most financial advisors would advise against that.

On the other hand, a stroke of a pen in the Senate, and your sear could lose all it's current market value

Tough call...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Keep it.Thats why they have financing for cars.Buy a use one and save some money.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Do not sell the sear to fund a car. Sell the sear to fund a M60...

You will never regret anything more than selling this to buy a car. Unless you are 10k shy on a F50, then maybe go for it... lol

Simply put, do as Rex said, finance the car, put what you can toward it, and redouble your efforts to put money toward it in the coming 2 years. Then, youll be well ahead and ready to trade again at the 3 yr, 36000 point.

In my opinion, if you are having to finance a Subaru, you probably arent in the tax bracket to purchase another sear on cash alone. (Me either) Pulling a loan for a sear and pulling a loan for a car are different animals all together.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I didn't buy my sear for $50 so the "profit" is not much of a consideration. I bought it a couple of years ago.

I'm now finding myself in more of a real world situation...needing new car...now than when I purchased it. I'm just knocking the idea around so far but xtra $ would come in handy. Don't get me wrong I love FA but...

BTW - I would keep my hosts...couldn't stand to sell the MP5 even if it is SA.

Late model subaru legacy wagon anyone???

Have I lost my mind?

Thanks for all the moral support on this life changing decision...mabe I just need a nap...
Well just from observation........you are probably sick of riding that mountain bike to and fro......it may be time for a vehicle :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well just from observation........you are probably sick of riding that mountain bike to and fro......it may be time for a vehicle :)
lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is it bad that I would consider trading my Scion for a sear and a mountain bike?!?!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might trade my car, my sear, my dog....but not that ^ mountain bike. Its rare as frog hair and rides like a ferrari on rails...really. It cost more than a few of the cars I've had...think HK of mtb...in all titanium.

I know the car thing is just fantasy and it is a depreciating asset...but man I hate car payments...and I've been doing the used car thing but that also has diminishing returns...I got an alternator for myself for Christmas yesterday...coulda bought a P30

rext - right about cash for another one...that one was an IBM stock sell funded project...much more fun than staring at numbers on paper...I'm just a bit concerned with the "stroke of a pen" making it...can't say worthless...worth_ less or non-tranferable.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Keep the sear, buy something like a Yaris or Scion or something. I hear Smart cars are inexpensive. Just whatever you do, don't sell your sear.....unless it's to me for $50.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I have a 1997 toyota corolla I will trade you. I figure a used car for a used sear is a fair deal, right??? PM me if you are interested:) HAHAHA

·
Registered
216 Posts
I can't agree more, DO NOT SELL the sear. You will regret it.

However, if you want to trade it, I have a mountain bike, or a YZF-600 cycle I would be happy to trade if you need wheels.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Absolutely do not sell your sear to fund an auto. Buy a cheap new car like a Hyundai; you could finance one for probably $100 a month.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will concur with the masses and say keep the sear unless your kids are sick or hungry, you will have instant sellers regret.
I already do but med bills etc need addressed...besides you are taking the rest of my money cooler :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Cars and billa are things you NEED to deal with. A sear is just fun. Unfortunately in the real world tough decisions need to be made.

Sell it, it will build character.

·
Registered
280 Posts
HK registered sears are $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 cheaper today than they were a year ago. There are more on the market (especially with the 50 Todd is brokering[I think these are the last of the 100 hold backs from the "S" of S&H estate]) than there were a year ago. I remember it well because I bought three of them about 15 months ago. I think many people were using equity or profit from the housing boom to invest in NFA items. Now "real estate" cash is tight and more sears and other NFA items are for sale which has dropped the market a little. What I'm driving at is, in my opinion, I will hold on to my sears and machine guns right now because I am sure the price will go up in the future. I bought a bunch of Fleming sears in the early 1990's for $400.00 each. In the late 90s I sold some off for about $2800 each (I really don't want to remember what I sold them for) to help fund a new business. When I bought them back, they cost 5xs as much. My guess is that if their is a Republican President in 08, sears will cross $20K by 2010. My daughter will go to college in 2016. I figure that I could sell one machine gun each year to pay for her college if I needed to. I bought a new truck in 1996 and take care of it with over 300k miles and invest the $7200.00+ that I would use on payments into a new machine gun each year. I now have twelve of them. I could sell all of them and buy a 599GTB!!! But I won't. Because I would be trading an appreciating asset for a depreciating one. Sell it if you have to, but remember, if you want it back, it is going to cost you more than you sell it for. If you do sell it, hopefully it will be to put the money into something that is going to make you money like a business or property. Good Luck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys! I wasn't really selling it just to fund a car for all the reasons above (but I did buy a new alternator)...except for that 599...I might give my sear and a couple precious body parts for one of those.

I have funded my medical issues, etc with other a$$et$.

FWIW I also agree with the fact that now is the worst time to sell...so I'll have it for a while longer...I've got a couple more subgun matches I want to run anyway.

hk_mtbr

1 - 20 of 23 Posts