HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering trading my SL 8 for a SIG 516 in FDE. Looking for any thoughts on the idea and whether I should look to kick in cash, ask for additional cash or just straight trade across. Thanks in advance for being my conscious.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When HK is no longer making the SL8, I would not even consider selling it, unless you are going to buy a MR556. Nothing against SIG, I like their products, but the 516 is just an AR with a nice paint job. Keep the SL8, convert it to a G36. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SL8 I am considering selling is extra. I already have a converted G36 clone and the MR556. That is the reason I am considering getting rid of the excess SL8.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The SL8 I am considering selling is extra. I already have a converted G36 clone and the MR556. That is the reason I am considering getting rid of the excess SL8.
The 2nd one isn't excess, it's a back up. :wink:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I own both. The SL8 is worth slightly more. You want to sell it let me know. I Have G36 and wouldn't mind having a spare SL8. I like the Sig better myself than an SL-8 (I hope I don't get banned for saying that). I like most of my HKs better than my sig. Sig makes a good gun, but I would prefer a MR556. My two cents anyway. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I think a lot depends on who you are trading with and what they want to do with the SL8. While in original retail price an SL8 may be "worth" more than a SIG 516, the average person is going to be far more interested in the good quality piston AR which takes cheap hi cap mags and be easily accessorized than a neutered gun limited to expensive 10 round single stack mags (unless you pour a bunch of extra money into converting it). If you are trading with a gun shop, they may not give you much for the SL8 since that would probably sit longer on their shelf than a 516. The SL8 would be worth more to a HK fan, but you'd have to find one who happens to have a 516 they want to get rid of.

A better way may be to sell the SL8 outright here, and then take the money and buy the 516 you want. You'll probably get the best price doing that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with dwill.
Your best bet may be to sell the SL8 and buy the 516 that you want.
I have an SL7 that I am going to list for sale soon because now that I have a SIG 716 I never shoot it.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts