HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see HKParts has the HK45c levers in stock now, and I'm thinking about picking one up. How easy is it to switch out? Should I pick up extra roll pins while I'm at it? What's the reason they recommend you change the roll pin out if you remove it? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have no clue about the roll-pins, but you should definitely snatch the mag-release up while it's available! It makes a huge difference. I love the extended on my HK45c.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you're looking for new roll pins for a USP, you'll need part number 980838. There's two options for choosing which roll pin you'll need for which Hk pistol your installing the mag release for.

Look below the description of the item, it will give you the part number and which pistols it fits and above the green "in stock" button" it will show which part number you're ordering. If that's the wrong part number, scroll down, there will be another roll pin option under "related items."

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up on the pins. I've got the lever in my cart with the correct roll pins, just have to "pull te trigger" on the sale (pun may have been intended). I think I'll order one for the P2000sk I'm saving up for too, since they're hardly ever in stock

·
Registered
904 Posts
Why do you need new roll pins. I swapped out 4 mag releases and used the original roll pins. No need to change them or buy new.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It says it's recommended by HK, plus I've seen a few members on here say its what you should do. I don't know why, which is why I asked. But I figure they're cheap enough to just get

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I put the HK45C magazine catch in my USP9C. Used the same roll pin. It hasn't moved.

Putting this part in your "cart" and not buying is a good way to miss getting it. They seem to go fast!

-- Chuck

·
Registered
904 Posts
That is very true chuck...

As soon as I saw the thread, I IMMEDIATELY ordered another pair from HKParts....

Although - this time they ordered 4 times the original order, so they should last 8 hours instead of 2 like last time LOL

·
Registered
207 Posts
It says it's recommended by HK, plus I've seen a few members on here say its what you should do. I don't know why, which is why I asked. But I figure they're cheap enough to just get
If I sold roll pins, I'd recommend you replace them every time you drifted one out too.

However, unless you somehow bugger it up driving it out, replacement isn't necessary. I keep spares on hand, but don't use them unless I have to. Use a roll pin punch and you should have no trouble.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The roll pin in the magazine release does not need to be replaced, as other roll pins normally do. It's going into the polymer frame and will not compress or peel in the way they do when pinning steel parts.

To be honest, I'm not really sure why HK uses a roll pin here - except to be used as an emergency replacement for the two in the slide (as was recommended by our instructor during armorer's training), or just because it fits and is aleady in the inventory.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Roll pins are re-useable...they are rolled metal that acts like a spring. It is not necessary to change them out until they get "loose" and easy to drift. HK recommends changing them due to liability. There is always lawyer b.s. involved in recommendations / warnings.

·
Registered
263 Posts
When I ordered a bunch of releases I went ahead and ordered some pins, just in case. I was more worried about losing one.

The key to installing is to not completely remove the pin, just tap it past where it engages the release, then slide in the new release and tap it back through. Makes it much easier.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you're tapping the pin on the mag release, there's something wrong. They are not in that tight. A firm push on the punch is all it should take.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, ordered two today when I got home from work this morning along with a few roll pins just in case something happens. Should be here later this week! Thanks everyone for all the help on it! Maybe I'll post some pics on here when I get it changed out

·
Registered
904 Posts
You don't need a roll pin punch for it either. Nice to have a set but not necessary, I used a Philips head, just make sure its smaller then he roll pin so you don't Mar/stretch out the plastic that holds the pin. It really slides out easier then I thought it would.

Common sense is the key.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts