HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It depends why you want the tactical model. If you are going to throw a can on it then I say go for it, but otherwise save the cash. If you go with the compact model you lose the match trigger, and the raised adjustable sights. The only difference in the USPC and the USPCT is the threaded barrel and the CT engraving on the slide.

On the other hand, you can CCW the CT and have fun with a can when you want.

Again, depends on what you want it for.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I've never had the oppurtunity to try out a USPct but I can attest to my USPt .45, it's the sweetest shooting gun I have ever laid my hands upon. You don't get a match trigger on the USP ct that I know of. I do own a USP .45 compact and it's a great shooter too but if I where to choose between the 2 it would be the USPf Tactical.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a USPc 45, USP CT 45 and a USP T 45 and agreed with what the guys above said. The USP T has a match trigger that is very nice.

the USPc45 and the USP CT45 is similar except for the threaded barrel and the slide marking.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I have a USPct clone and a USPf Tactical. I'm confident you'd be happy with either. The full size Tac cycles and recoils a bit smoother while the ct is more concealable. I preferred the full hammer so I swapped out the bobbed hammer on my ct clone. Full size tax gets the edge for the match trigger, but I like more trigger resistance so I don't get flyers...

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
If you are going to get a can the45t is great for playing at the range I bought a 45t and almost traded it for a hk45 30 days later. Because I have no intention of getting a can anytime soon. But the more I play with this usp45t the more I like it and glad I did not get rid of it. It's a big gun but taking it to the range is a blast. I think I'm one of those guys that can add a gun but not get rid of one.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have had both at one time. If I were to choose, I would go with the Hk USP45CT simply for the compact size. As it was stated before, with the CT you loose the match trigger and no adjustable sights. All three of my CT pistols had the high profile Heinie sights.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I had this slight dilemma right before I ordered my HK45 I was considering a USP45T

Reasons why I wanted the USP45T:
I'm used to and accurate with my USP45.
12rd cap.
Better Trigger

Reasons why I bought the HK45:
Lower bore axis, slimmer/easier to carry (even though its a fullsize, yes I carry a fullsize USP)
Rented and shot it side by side with my USP45 and was just as accurate and had even smoother recoil than my USP (Didn't think that was possible lol)
Shorter trigger reset than my USP45
Currently have no interest to buy a suppressor
Less expensive than the USP45T (more cash for ammo)

You just have to evaluate what you want to use the gun for. They're all HK so they're all good to go :25:

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
The fullsize original USP Tactical 45 is the REAL Tactical with all of the features of the Tactical. The CT is just a USP Compact with a threaded barrel.

There are a good number of differences between them. I love them all, but the fullsize USP Tactical 45 is my favorite HK pistol. Just as accurate as a several-thousand-dollar custom 1911. Awesome pistol.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I do wonder why Hk did not create the CT with the match trigger? If it was a smaller complete version of the 45T, that would have been a better seller. I miss my Hks.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Thanks guys I forgot to ask about the grip is it smaller on the CT I have small hands.
Yes it's a little more narrow and shorter, when I grip my USPt 45 my pinky finger comes down to just barely over the top of the mag baseplate but does not cover it completely, and on my USP compact my grip covers the baseplate, so were only talking a roughly a quarter inch here in length.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
One other consideration is that when suppressed, the full size is quieter than the ct. I had both of mine out yesterday and remembered that detail after firing them side x side with the same suppressor.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
One other consideration is that when suppressed, the full size is quieter than the ct. I had both of mine out yesterday and remembered that detail after firing them side x side with the same suppressor.
.45 is a harder caliber to suppress anyway due to the large bore.... i love .45 :)

never heard a .45 suppressed in person though :(

·
Registered
765 Posts
I never really got the point of the CT, myself. Too each his own, but my thought is: If you want a suppressor you're already going to have a big gun, so get the full size. If you want something small and lighter weight, just get the regular usp compact.
Also, I don't believe the CT has tall enough sights to see over a can, if you are planning to suppress it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Some of the CT pistols came with high Novak sights (which had "Hk" stamped on it). Some came with standard 3 dot sights. I changed the sights on my CTs over to the Heinie tall suppressor sights (I believe I posted a pic in this thread). I plan on suppressing my Hk45CT eventually. I would prefer a suppressed compact instead of a full size. This is my opinion only. Enjoy it!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts