HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this is absolute blasphemy to many of you, bu I am thinking that after I hard chrome one of my USP's I would like to have some sort of 2A / Pro gun quote engraved on the slide. So far I am thinking of

"Si vis pacem parabellum" translation: If you want peace, prepare for war

Anyone have any other suggestions? I have heard so many great quotes, I just cant think of any of them that are both relevant and short enough to use.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes just like that :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes those are mine. While engraving a gun is not the same as a tat. Don't put somthing there just because it's cool. Make it mean somthing to you. Make it special​
IT does mean a lot, but I have heard a lot of good quotes, unfortunately there are so many I cant remember, however that particular one has always stuck with me and always made so much sense. I like it especially because my HK's are my carry guns.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
It better be a 9mm USP if your going to put that phrase on there. :)

If it is, I'd say thats a pretty sweet idea.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It better be a 9mm USP if your going to put that phrase on there. :)

If it is, I'd say thats a pretty sweet idea.
all my USP's are 45's...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Man, you have way too much time on your hand.

One important note, engrave first, then hard chrome.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man, you have way too much time on your hand.

One important note, engrave first, then hard chrome.

Well I cant shoot for about 16 more weeks and I wont have a holster for this one for at least another 12 - 16 weeks and I know I want to hard chrome it....so I figure why not do something a bit special, something to personalize it a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok, I know this is absolute blasphemy to many of you, bu I am thinking that after I hard chrome one of my USP's I would like to have some sort of 2A / Pro gun quote engraved on the slide. So far I am thinking of

"Si vis pacem parabellum" translation: If you want peace, prepare for war

Anyone have any other suggestions? I have heard so many great quotes, I just cant think of any of them that are both relevant and short enough to use.
How about

Μολών λαβέ

Loosely translated from Greek means "Come take them"

Cheers,
MickGIS

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just be advised that the next owner may not fancy the same engraving as you did ... if you decide to sell or trade ...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just be advised that the next owner may not fancy the same engraving as you did ... if you decide to sell or trade ...
My wife gets pissed off if I sell guns I put work or thought into, she wants them to become family heirlooms if she thinks they are "pretty" or special so Im covered on that front.

By the way I have decided on what I will be engraving, thanks guys for the input.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like your quote. Another contender would be this one:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts