HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not fishing for takers here, I can't decide if I want to sell my Mk23.
Thought if I at least knew a reasonable price, I could make a good decision.
Shot it maybe 1500 rounds, I have 3 ten round mags, a 12 and a 15 round mag. (has an adapter custom made for end of a 12 round mag) Black bag, vortex muzzle and protective cap for the threaded barrel.
Some surface scratches and wear from shooting.
What is a reasonable asking price? Is $2000 too much?
Just don't see many on the market to compare
Thanks for your time.
I hope this post isn't either in the wrong topic, or a disallowed topic..I apologize if it is.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is $2000 too much?

I would say you are looking at around $1,400-$1,500

(but I didn't want to piss anybody off either)

However, I think BB may be a little low and I maybe a bit high.

Nevertheless, its going to take you 90 to 180 days to find a buyer at $1,300.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
A lot less than that IMO. A new in box Mark 23 can be had from several sources, CDNN and Bachman for two, for $1700. So IMO even if it is LNIB it is worth no more than that regardless of how much you might have paid for it. With over 1500 rounds through it the pistol will have significant surface wear on the chamber hood area so it sure as heck is not anywhere near being a collector's piece.
Three 10 round mags are worthless. One gets them free when one buys a full cap from CDNN. The home made 15 rounder also IMO is worthless except as a range show gee whizz toy as are my 17 round mags that I made. So that leaves 1 full cap and makes it one mag short. Deduct $50 for that.
Vortex, if it is a really nice one like CCF makes, add $50 for a used one, if it is a knock-off then add $20 tops.
So you sort of break even on the missing mag and the Vortex assuming it is a CCF Vortex. If all the paperwork is there good, if not, deduct a little. The TP adds about $10 tops. They are about $25 new.
So, in short, I would not see the pistol being worth more than about 65% to 75% of NIB price, or $1100 to 1275 depending on severity of scratches. Sorry, but they are still being made and with new ones going for $1700 your used one does not warrant a premium. And you would not get even half that from a gun shop on an outright sale or trade. JMO

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
Didn't mean to come across as a "greedy pricer"
To be honest, I had forgotten what I paid for it....and didn't see any out for a price reference....
I have let it sit in the back of the safe too long....time to shoot it more.
Thanks
(the mag extension was made be CJS, I don't know if they ever were marketed. I was given a prototype; I can convert it back to a twelve round)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
What is the date code on the gun? Many people will spend a few extra $ on one of the older Mark 23's

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Some would also pay more if it actually has SOCOOM stamped on the side of it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't sell it.

Clean it very good, oil it up and put it away and forget
about it.

One day you'll thank me!

·
Registered
239 Posts
What is the date code on the gun? Many people will spend a few extra $ on one of the older Mark 23's
That's true. The older ones have the glossy finish and don't have the lock inside the magwell. I purchased 2 Mark 23s recently and paid $2200 for one of them because it was KG date code (earliest available as far as I know) and NIB. Not going to find that everyday!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I suggest you do a search on Gunbroker using the smart search function. This will allow you to see all sales for the last 90 days. Look in the upper right corner of their home page. You must be signed in to use the function.

Looks like they sell from $1400 to over $2000.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice.
I probably should keep it.
I get in moods when I feel like downsizing the pistol population in my safe.
It's hard to enjoy them all.
But, my son will love it in about 14 years!
I have regreted selling guns in the past...hate to regret it later..
Thanks for correcting my in my moment of weakness......LOL

·
Banned
384 Posts
Nevertheless, its going to take you 90 to 180 days to find a buyer at $1,300.

I can tell you for sure that if someone local had a nice mk23 for that money, it d amn sure wouldnt take me 180 days to find the money for it...

maybe 180 seconds.

Of course thats because Id like to have another to not beat on like my one now...

hkx3

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
23-517x is the serial number. 1997 build date
Don't have the gun in front of me to see any other info
Gloss finish

What is considered older?
Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can tell you for sure that if someone local had a nice mk23 for that money, it d amn sure wouldnt take me 180 days to find the money for it...

maybe 180 seconds.

Of course thats because Id like to have another to not beat on like my one now...

hkx3
ding, ding, ding, sold to the man with the screen name hkx3

·
Registered
239 Posts

maybe 180 seconds.

hkx3

I fully understand your reason for purchasing a 2nd Mark 23. A lot of people (myself included) get Mark 23s with intentions of babying them, but discover they are way too much fun to sit in the safe. Eventually they start showing signs of wear and it is time to find a safe queen to admire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts