HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
you are correct, that is one hell of a sexy VP9, but not $900 nice. I assume the frame was Cerekoted as was the slide, which I'm not a fan of coating polymer, now if the lower was factory made OD green, like other HK's, and the slide coated, I'd be even more intrigued.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
In a Boy Scout sort of way I like how it looks. I'd have one if the finish were durable like the HK factory finish.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pretty sure a professional Cerakote job is about $100, if you detail strip it prior to shipping; additional color = $35. So, let's round up and say $150 total.

·
Registered
14 Posts
having seen vp9's as low as $459 at PSA awhile back, I'd never pay that high for one. Especially with an OR and SK version coming.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I do love me some cerakote.

But I wanted mine to have the worn look so it wouldn't be so obvious when the cerakote starts to wear off.

I know many people aren't into customized coatings... That's cool. Then you shouldn't waste your money on coatings. lol.

I like all types of FDE, being in the sonoran desert.

·
Priest of the P7
5,316 Posts
It does not cost $400 to cerakote a pistol. I like it. For $700 I'd buy one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do love me some cerakote.

But I wanted mine to have the worn look so it wouldn't be so obvious when the cerakote starts to wear off.

I know many people aren't into customized coatings... That's cool. Then you shouldn't waste your money on coatings. lol.

I like all types of FDE, being in the sonoran desert.

Is that dirt or the finish job?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts