HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am debating between the LEM and traditional DA/SA and would really appreciate your input.

Do any of you out there REALLY love the LEM? If so, why? What are its advantages and disadvantages over traditional DA/SA? Over other consistent trigger systems (the GLOCK trigger, the SIG DAK, etc.)?

Conversely, DA/SA fans, why do you like that trigger system?

Thanks for your opinions!

Regards,

AmicusCuriae

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
As most who have read my ramblings know, I was a die-hard V1 fan and I will never say anything bad about it. It is a great trigger system IMO. When I tried my first LEM in my P2K and then again the SK, I was less than impressed. Partly because I do not like the .40 and also because I was so comfortable with the V1 USPC .45 that I carry I really did not care to try anything else. Then I decided to give the LEM a fair test by installing the trigger in my clone .45 USPCT which I knew how it shot in DA/SA mode so I could compare before and after in the same pistol. I fell in love.
SA/DA trigger pull is 10-11 pounds DA and 5 pounds SA for the standard V1 variant. This is fine and dandy and I liked it very much and it served me well for 4+ years.
But when I went to the LEM in my beloved .45 ACP and got a 4 pound 6 ounce pull, same first shot, every shot, I finally saw the light. A pull that is lighter than the SA pull, trigger reset almost as short (.3 inch LEM, .235 inch V1 SA), and still maintain the manual safety and keep repeat strike capability, what is there NOT to like about the LEM?
Since I was accustom to using a safety I left the safety on the pistol when I did the conversion. While some feel the long take up is safe enough on the LEM, for myself and myself only, with a release of only 4 pounds 6 ounces I feel better with the safety left on the pistol, and I don't have to change my training.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well..... After following Big Bore instructions tonight I switched my Expert V3 DA/SA to LEM with safety and I like it in general but the only thing I wish I could change is the long take up. You see in V3 single action the long take up is not there. IMO V3 is better for competition like USPSA/IDPA. What do you think Big Bore?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Well..... After following Big Bore instructions tonight I switched my Expert V3 DA/SA to LEM with safety and I like it in general but the only thing I wish I could change is the long take up. You see in V3 single action the long take up is not there. IMO V3 is better for competition like USPSA/IDPA. What do you think Big Bore?
I personally like the LEM also, for the same reasons Big Bore lists, although personally I don't feel the need for the safety. But also like Big Bore stated, this is my opinion, just as keeping the safety on his was Bit Bore's preference... I don't know that the V3 would be better for competition, but keep in mind LEM is an acronym for Law Enforcement Modification, which intentionally has a longer take up to make up for the lack of a safety....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the V3 P2K; have shot the LEM. Although I like the LEM fine, I prefer the V3 as I feel like the SA pull is a little better with respect to length. The length/weight combination just feels a little better to me. I wish the gun had a safety, though; one of the reasons I will probably end up getting an HK45C. I'm sold on the safety for weapon retention purposes. I'm thinking that the HK45C may be ideal for me, being reasonably sized, a .45, non-proprietary light rail, manual safety, and HK reliable.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have to say that I love the LEM. I am not one for having a trigger that you simply blow on it and it fires!! That to me is just unsafe. This is going to upset some but I like a little solwer and firm trigger pull and that is just it.

Not everyone will or would like that! You have to be the judge of what makes you feel the most confortable at shooting the weapon. Some like that feather light trigger, others don't!! Just feelings on the subject!! TJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts