HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some night sighs and thought I would have a go at putting them in myself. Turned out good. No damage to the gun or sights. It was quite easy.

First I covered the slide in tape.

Nexit I wraped it in a thick piece of leather to protect it from the vice.

The I took a wooden dowl rod and made my tool to remove and install the sights with my grinder.

I used a 4oz hammer to remove the old sights. I cleaned up the chanel and used a drop of red Locktite. I took a small file to the edges of the new sights. Just a couple passes not much at all.

I used the wooden dowl to install and center them up.

It wasn't hard at all. They fit tight but I didn't have to pound them in. I used a 4oz hammer and dowl rod so that sould give you an idea of how hard I had to hit them. Took all of 30 minutes to do it and I am happy with how well it turned out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for posting this ad I am planning to replace mine too. I will be using your trick with the painter's tape. Are there any pins keeping the original sights in place?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah no pins holding them on. I with with the Trijicons over the meps just to try something different. I think I like them a bit more than the meps. The light is more crisp. I think they maybe just a tad brighter than the meps that were factory on my BA coded 40c.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
68_100-- thanks for the detailed info and pics. I also have a USPc that I am planning on putting Trijicon night sights on. I will definitely be using your info to assist! Another reason why I enjoy being a part of this excellent family on the forum here.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the tip, at least i know that using a gun smith or buying some tool is not the only way to go about replacing the night sights!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Great job on the install budd :) enjoy

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I just wanted to update that I used a hickory dowl rod. It's harder than most of the stuff you might find and the hardware store.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Nice job. Exactly how I installed my straight 8's. I have nylon & brass punches. It was an easy job. I did have to fit the Heine's a bit but took only minutes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts