HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Still have never seen a book I would spend $600 on. $100 was bad enough in college.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Top notch print......top shelf price. Think of how many good bottles of Scotch can you get for that price!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I absolutely love JIB- especially those from the early-mid 1980's!
Yes, the older books included much better text info sections. From what I have seen the newer ones look like brochures and the cost is quite high.

I am a happy owner of a 1986-87 Jane´s Infantry Weapons book, which was gifted to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
$680 book???

I have a couple older additions of the Janes. I'd have to at least spit on "it" first before giving it to someone for that price... Sure is a good lookin' cover though!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Top notch print......top shelf price. Think of how many good bottles of Scotch can you get for that price!

Im with ya on that one buddy .. like 12 bottles of chevis regal comes to mind

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
That's GOT to be a typo. $680? For a BOOK?

Oh, wait. I just read the fine print. I think it may come with one of the weapons on the front page as a free gift.

I'll take mine with the MP7.

Nope, I guess it's not a typo. But that is last year's edition. The 2007-2008 edition is $760, and has some AR looking rifle on the cover.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
cool.......but thats one spendy book!

Oh come on Landpimp, "Janes,' " is such a great, no nonsense book, about all the complete fire arms on the market! As well as other things, regarding weaponry!! They are the UT-most authority, on this type of publication!!

You can afford it!! Just have your girlfriend pick one up for Christmas, for you!!! Happy Holiday's!! :D TJ

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Oh come on Landpimp, "Janes,' " is such a great, no nonsense book, about all the complete fire arms on the market! As well as other things, regarding weaponry!! They are the UT-most authority, on this type of publication!!

You can afford it!! Just have your girlfriend pick one up for Christmas, for you!!! Happy Holiday's!! :D TJ
But $760? For a book? Who buys that?

But it sounds like maybe you already have one. Can I borrow your copy? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts