HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking at both the USP Compact and the P30. This will probably be my last handgun and only HK. Never thought much about the P2000 till today. A guy I know found out I was looking at HKs (he didnt know till the today that I have always like HK's ever since I saw my first HK91 as a kid) and offered me his P2000 in 9mm for $500.

He said it has less than 400 rounds through it. He showed it to me and it looks new - its in the box with the magazines, books, etc...I played with it and loved the way it felt. He said he has to many pistols and is pruning down the herd.

The P2000 seems well regarded as being a direct descendent of the USP Compact. Has some of the features of the P30 too.

Would like to hear what others think and get opinions about the gun itself especially against the USPC and P30.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think you should go for it. All 3 options you mention are solid choices, but if you are only going to get one, the p2000 is a great choice. It is a great size, carries small but shoots like a larger pistol. Its a nice do it all choice! Good luck deciding.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Really can't go wrong for 500. Everyone has their preference but if it feels good to you, it'll serve you as well as the others.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
He showed it to me and it looks new - its in the box with the magazines, books, etc...I played with it and loved the way it felt.

Good deal in this climate. The P2000 is a great pistol. I woulda already paid the man his money. Good luck in your decision, can’t/won’t go wrong with any of your 3, I’d take the USPc or P2000 over the P30, but that’s me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
p2000 also has different versions a v2 and v3. I don't think you can go wrong either way for $500. Just something else to think about.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shot my friends P2000 and it felt great. A little slick but I think I prefer the grip versus the USP cheese grater grip. I may be looking to get a P2000sk soon..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have all 3, I can carry in-person/vehicle (with no mag cap limit) so I pack to the occasion. The mass/wt/mag-rel/grip/decocker/safety make a difference in CCW.
[last handgun and only HK] = USP9c, buying new you’ll pay pandemic price for a range/HD gun. Your being in a 10rd State with no carry whatsoever (no P30/17+1rd for you), 400rds $500 P2000 makes the most sense.

·
Registered
770 Posts
P2000 is my favorite HK model period!!! So underrated in the past but is making a strong comeback in popularity for ease of carry , reliability and its overall quality! Do it. Fantastic gun!! What trigger variant does it have? I personally prefer the V2 LEM but I also do have a p2000 in V3 as well.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Ask him if he will let you shoot it first. I far prefer the P30 of the three but you might like the P2000.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know anything about usp9 except its an older design which from what I read the p2000 is like the updated version if you will. I have a p2000 in 357 sig that is my carry pistol and waiting on arrival of a p30. I would definitely buy the p2000 with only 400 rounds for $500!!! That is like brand new to me and a great deal! If you plan to ccw, the p2000 is more concealable - especially if you replace the extended magazine base plate with a flat one.

Right now it seems P30's are higher in price then they ought to be. So maybe one is in your future at a better price.

Good luck - can't go wrong with those 3 choices - just a matter of its intended use.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know anything about usp9 except its an older design which from what I read the p2000 is like the updated version if you will. I have a p2000 in 357 sig that is my carry pistol and waiting on arrival of a p30. I would definitely buy the p2000 with only 400 rounds for $500!!! That is like brand new to me and a great deal! If you plan to ccw, the p2000 is more concealable - especially if you replace the extended magazine base plate with a flat one.

Right now it seems P30's are higher in price then they ought to be. So maybe one is in your future at a better price.

Good luck - can't go wrong with those 3 choices - just a matter of its intended use.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the P2000 as an issued weapon. I really, really hate it. It is super finiky with ammo even when spotless. The LEM trigger is a joke at best, the slide stop sometimes catches on my strong hand tumb and prevents slide lock, and the magazine release is absolutely absurd.

The P30 has a pretty good feel man. If you are insistent on going with one of the HKs for ccw that is probably your best bet. Definitely 9mm though. Both the USP, and p2000 that I have fired were in .40cal, and very ammo picky, never fully reliable.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have the P2000 as an issued weapon. I really, really hate it. It is super finiky with ammo even when spotless. The LEM trigger is a joke at best, the slide stop sometimes catches on my strong hand tumb and prevents slide lock, and the magazine release is absolutely absurd.

The P30 has a pretty good feel man. If you are insistent on going with one of the HKs for ccw that is probably your best bet. Definitely 9mm though. Both the USP, and p2000 that I have fired were in .40cal, and very ammo picky, never fully reliable.
Wow. That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a usp or p2000 not being reliable. I have both and NEVER a problem.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I have had the P2000 with the 4.1 trigger for a several years. Of all my pistols, I prefer the P2000. It serves all of my needs very well. I have never had a FTF or FTE or failure of any description with thousands of rounds through this pistol . I disagree with the post which criticizes the P2000 with what seems to be ludicrous points.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts