HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have all three of them and I carry my p2ksk the most.
Is the P2ksk a lot smaller than the p2k? I've read some people say that the size difference was negligible so they opted for the compact instead of the subcompact.
It’s not a lot smaller no. It is smaller but not by too much. Where I find the main difference is the grip. I love my p2000sk’s but they do have a shorter stubby grip. The rubber pinky extensions really do help with the sk pistol and helps keep your grip up tight. The grip on the sk is truly too small for some people’s hands. It’s ok for me but the regular p2000 is to me PERFECT. It will conceal just as easy with the normal length and it holds a few more rounds (13 +1 in 9mm snd 12+1 in .40). If I had to pick one or the other I’d choose the p2000. But... strangely enough. I carried the p2000sk today. I love them all to be honest. Get the normal p2000!! Your welcome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the P2000 as an issued weapon. I really, really hate it. It is super finiky with ammo even when spotless. The LEM trigger is a joke at best, the slide stop sometimes catches on my strong hand tumb and prevents slide lock, and the magazine release is absolutely absurd.

The P30 has a pretty good feel man. If you are insistent on going with one of the HKs for ccw that is probably your best bet. Definitely 9mm though. Both the USP, and p2000 that I have fired were in .40cal, and very ammo picky, never fully reliable.
Well that just goes to show you ... different strokes for different folks. I would beg to differ on just about every point of that post but hey... that's why they make different model firearms. :690:

·
Registered
776 Posts
If I could only own one, it would be a USPc. Ergos are nice, but the USP series is....wait for it....wait for it....bulletproof. ;)
I think this says it ALL! Mic drop!
Dang I hate it when you guys throw the USPC in there. Why..... because your right!! 😁. Dang I love that gun too!! I love them all. I’m sick. I admit it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The P2000 is the best of the three mentioned for carry by some margin. It's roughly Glock 19 sized, with similar capacity. I own a P30 but yet hardly carry it anymore due to the grips - which are fantastic while shooting, the best I've felt in-hand, they rub against your skin while carried. The USPc is an awesome pistol, but it's a bit of a brick to carry! The P2000sk is a great carry option as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I wanted to let you all know I did buy it. I put a deposit on it with the guy yesterday. I will give him the rest when I take possession. Now I just have to wait for my permit to activate. I have about 2 weeks before it becomes active so I can take possession. Not a big deal and I can wait.

I live in one of those lovely states that has the one handgun every 30 days nonsense. Last year they passed a law that dictates we are no longer allowed to do private transfers of anything without an FFL. We have to use a FFL for all firearms purchases be it from a dealer or citizen - pistol, rifle or shotgun. So even though this is between me and the guy - I will have to pay both the state and the FFL for the transfer.

I am too excited and can't wait. This clicks a lot of buttons for me:

-Its an HK.
-Its German.
-Its compact (All my other pistols are full size except for one).
-Its sleek and does not have all the serrations and stuff all over it like some of them now.
-Its 9mm.
-Its hammer fired.
-Did I say its an HK ;) .

Thank you all again for your words of encouragement!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice!!!! Congratulations and enjoy your new toy! :3000000:

·
Registered
776 Posts
I wanted to let you all know I did buy it. I put a deposit on it with the guy yesterday. I will give him the rest when I take possession. Now I just have to wait for my permit to activate. I have about 2 weeks before it becomes active so I can take possession. Not a big deal and I can wait.

I live in one of those lovely states that has the one handgun every 30 days nonsense. Last year they passed a law that dictates we are no longer allowed to do private transfers of anything without an FFL. We have to use a FFL for all firearms purchases be it from a dealer or citizen - pistol, rifle or shotgun. So even though this is between me and the guy - I will have to pay both the state and the FFL for the transfer.

I am too excited and can't wait. This clicks a lot of buttons for me:

-Its an HK.
-Its German.
-Its compact (All my other pistols are full size except for one).
-Its sleek and does not have all the serrations and stuff all over it like some of them now.
-Its 9mm.
-Its hammer fired.
-Did I say its an HK 😉 .

Thank you all again for your words of encouragement!
Congrats!! You’ll be very happy with it. I believe (know) you’ve made a wise choice. So sorry you seem to live in a retched state. I’m lucky to live in a extremely free state but we all must VOTE this November to make sure it doesn’t get worse over the nation!! Seriously though let us know when you take possession and post some pics and a range report!! Happy for you!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats! The P2000 is an awesome carry gun. HK or bust baby!

Reactions: PorterM

·
Registered
184 Posts
My favorite HK as long as it’s not LEM. :) (Love it or hate it trigger system. I hate it. Nothing mechanically wrong with it just a preference thing.)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the P2000 as an issued weapon. I really, really hate it. It is super finiky with ammo even when spotless. The LEM trigger is a joke at best, the slide stop sometimes catches on my strong hand tumb and prevents slide lock, and the magazine release is absolutely absurd.

The P30 has a pretty good feel man. If you are insistent on going with one of the HKs for ccw that is probably your best bet. Definitely 9mm though. Both the USP, and p2000 that I have fired were in .40cal, and very ammo picky, never fully reliable.
Weren’t you guys running that HOT Federal 155 grain stuff? I have run some of it and it was as close to “+P” .40 as I have ever felt. I wonder if that was part of the problem not to mention the accelerated wear and tear.

All that said as far as LEM..........PREACH IT BROTHER!!!! :)

All that said.....again. :) while I personally, find the P2000 in 9 or .40 to be just about perfect for me in control layout, DA/SA trigger and reliability, I cannot understand why any large organization doesn’t just issue Glock 17/19s. Hard to accidentally hit controls, easy to train new or inexperienced shooters, reliable, durable and cheap. As an individual I don’t choose Glocks for specific reasons to me but if I were outfitting an agency......my money would very likely go to old Gaston.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My favorite HK as long as it’s not LEM. :) (Love it or hate it trigger system. I hate it. Nothing mechanically wrong with it just a preference thing.)
Just curious - why do you hate the LEM trigger?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the USP, USPc my EDC, P-2000SK all of those in .40 and a P-2000 in 9mm, put a flat magazine base on the P-2000 and it carries very nicely, that is the one I carry when want to save a few OZ. on my hip

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just curious - why do you hate the LEM trigger?
Dry firing felt great. Live fire was just too strange of a sensation for me. My LEM experience is with the first Gen that was released. Something about the reset and the movement of the hammer drove me insane. There was nothing wrong mechanically with the system and I can understand why some folks love it but for me the long light travel, reset and hammer movement just bugged the bejezzus out of me for some reason and I never shot them well.

I have met very few middle of the road people as far as LEM / DAK etc. most either click with them and love them or pretty much despise them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dry firing felt great. Live fire was just too strange of a sensation for me. My LEM experience is with the first Gen that was released. Something about the reset and the movement of the hammer drove me insane. There was nothing wrong mechanically with the system and I can understand why some folks love it but for me the long light travel, reset and hammer movement just bugged the bejezzus out of me for some reason and I never shot them well.

I have met very few middle of the road people as far as LEM / DAK etc. most either click with them and love them or pretty much despise them.
Interesting how opinions vary on the LEM. I'm actually one of those shooters who love it - wouldn't have it any other. Now the "DAK" that's a different story LOL! I assume you are referring to the Sig DAK trigger. Could not get use to that at all. If I were to guess most shooters are like me because I did (before the Covid craziness) see a lot of them for sale at a much lower price than the traditional Sig da\sa setup. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Interesting how opinions vary on the LEM. I'm actually one of those shooters who love it - wouldn't have it any other. Now the "DAK" that's a different story LOL! I assume you are referring to the Sig DAK trigger. Could not get use to that at all. If I were to guess most shooters are like me because I did (before the Covid craziness) see a lot of them for sale at a much lower price than the traditional Sig da\sa setup. Thanks for your feedback.
Yep like I said some love em. Some hate em. :)

Absolutely nothing wrong with the system in general for anybody reading this. It’s purely a feel/preference issue. In my case I prefer my double actinons to be heavy and my single actions short and light. Probably comes from cutting my teeth on DA/SA SIGS and revolvers. I just tend to prefer traditional DA/SA or a striker and tend not to like the inbetween actions so to speak. I do prefer DA/SA overall though because I am an out of time troglodyte or something. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Counting down the days now till when my permit activates. I am so excited, you guys have no idea. Middle of next week it will activate and than I can complete the transaction not withstanding the background check which sometimes takes days.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts