HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I have been looking at both the USP Compact and the P30. This will probably be my last handgun and only HK. Never thought much about the P2000 till today. A guy I know found out I was looking at HKs (he didnt know till the today that I have always like HK's ever since I saw my first HK91 as a kid) and offered me his P2000 in 9mm for $500.

He said it has less than 400 rounds through it. He showed it to me and it looks new - its in the box with the magazines, books, etc...I played with it and loved the way it felt. He said he has to many pistols and is pruning down the herd.

The P2000 seems well regarded as being a direct descendent of the USP Compact. Has some of the features of the P30 too.

Would like to hear what others think and get opinions about the gun itself especially against the USPC and P30.

Thanks in advance.
You are telling us you have not already bought this P2000 for $500?! What in the world are you waiting for, go buy it! =)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: PorterM

·
Registered
51 Posts
My HK P2000 v3 9mm has never failed. Over 3000+ rounds and never a problem. P2000 FTW!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
You are telling us you have not already bought this P2000 for $500?! What in the world are you waiting for, go buy it! =)

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
See post #26 :) - I did buy it. I am waiting for my permit to activate to take possession and pay the balance. Where I live you are only allowed to buy one handgun every 30 days. My permit will activate next week.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congratulations! I bet you will love it. I really hope to get a P2K one day. I’ve had a few USPc and will for sure snag a P2K one of these days.

·
Registered
776 Posts
They are both so darn great!! I’m headed to a couple Octoberfests today (no drinking for me as I’m carrying). Gonna hit a really popular German restaurant too 😋. Trying to decide at the moment which one is getting the carry nod today for its German roots. The p2000 V2 or USPC V7. Decisions, Decisions. 🤔. I do the sk’s but they are staying home. Want a bit of a larger gun today.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Nice pickup! The P2000 is an overlooked and underrated gem in the HK line. I've owned three USPc pistols and for whatever reason I couldn't shoot any of them well. Something about the way they fit my hand just doesn't work. I tried them all over a sandbag rest and the guns were all accurate but offhand I just couldn't make 'em work. The P2000 on the other hand just fits me well, and maybe the replaceable backstraps are part of it. I have no issues with the USPf9, USP45 Tactical, VP9 or P30, just the USPc. My P2000 is a V2 LEM, and I really want to send it to HK to have it converted to V1 but I can't seem to part with it long enough to do so. It's been my primary CCW for the last five years. When I hike and camp I carry the P30S or VP9 just to have a bit more capacity and concealability isn't an issue.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The P2000 is the forgotten middle child in the HK line up. USP fans don't like it because it's has the same trigger system as the P30 which many feel is inferior to the USP trigger. P30 fans consider it outdated because it has similar lines to the USP compacts. In fact it is a transitional pistol that answers many of the older USPc's short comings with better ergonomics and the interchangable back straps while not being so complicated as the P30 series. I don't see/feel much of a difference in the triggers but I have really come to love the LEM system so I'm biased there. I own all three models and of all my HK's the only pistol I shoot/carry more than my P2000 is my VP9 OR. That is only because I have not spent the money to have the P2000 milled for a red dot yet.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts