HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on the HK USP 45 MATCH

It seems everyone (in the HK world..
) talks about the "Tactical" and the "Expert".
What about the the HK USP 45 MATCH ? I have almost negotiated a deal to buy one - should I refrain from doing so?

For obvious reasons I would not buy this as a carry gun - It would be for target shooting only.

I have read just a little about this pistol.
Is there a major reason why this pistol was short lived?

Your thoughts on this pistol would be great.
Thanks!
PMD

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Thoughts on the HK USP 45 MATCH

The Match is an incredible handgun. It reduces the kick of the 45 tremendously. It allows incredible target re-aquisition. Can't say enough good things about this gun.

·
Registered
295 Posts

Us Match lovers are out here in a few numbers. I think after this Tomb Raider show the Match will pick up popularity again. If you search the database on HKPRO you will find alot of talk on the Match. All Good.
http://ubb.hkpro.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000208.html

Be Safe
Gayle

·
Registered
1 Posts

If I were faced with the choice between the Match and the Tactical, I'd take the Match. The weights do a great job of reducing muzzle flip to near-zero, and the rest of the pistols are virtually identical. The drop-in barrel from Larry at CCFA will give you threads if you need to add a can. The Match even has the same high sights as the Tactical.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a friend that was doing really bad in our shooting league. He had a P220 SiG and was consistently at the bottom of the team. I let him shoot my three HKs (Full Size, Compact, and Tactical) and he was impressed with how well they fit his hand and shot. He traded the P220 on a Stainless Match that showed up that day on consignment, and he went from worst to best on our team by quite a margin. He was out shooting me, so I asked to shoot six rounds at the target, and the first time, I put 4 of 6 in the 10 ring at 50ft in 8 seconds. The other two were 9s. I've never done that before. I almost bought one, but I too wanted a stainless model to go with my other Hks. I didn't find one, but I'm very, very impressed. If you are going to shoot in competition, or want to be accurate, its the way to go. If you want to carry it, well find yourself a Full Size barrell at CCF and you can have it both ways.

G

·
0 Posts

Plus if you search around you can find a great deal on a Match. While some dealers mark them up (because they are discontinued), some mark them down to sell quick.

Personally I prefer the Tactical, but its true that with a match and different bbl., you could have it both ways.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackson:
Plus if you search around you can find a great deal on a Match. While some dealers mark them up (because they are discontinued), some mark them down to sell quick.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what's "DEAL" for a NIB Match with three new mags?
I have a lead on one for a $1,000.00. Is this a fair price?
Thanks
PMD

G

·
0 Posts

I've seen them as cheap as 899, but that might be a fluke low. NIB with 3 mags, I would go $1000 - any others agree?

G

·
0 Posts

That is one hell of a price. 3 mags with a case also. I would say if you can jump on that. Try negotiating for a little less if possible but you can't go wrong with that price as I have seen them for as high as 1300 with 2 mags.

·
Registered
17 Posts

The neat thing about the Match is that it is no longer an HK catalog item in the US -- so you'd be getting a pistol that will only increase in value.

The Match shares the same frame as all the other USPF .45s, so it can easily be converted into a Tactical (as Tirador said) or a Custom Sport with a simple barrel replacement. Easy, that is, because of Larry Gaglio and Bill Jarvis, who offer O-ring replacement barrels.

Conversely, you cannot make a Tactical into a Match because the barrel weight is not available, although you can get a Match replacement barrel from Jarvis. I also like to use the 6.02 in. barrel without the weight, which gives you another look and feel -- pretty cool for a woods gun with .45 Super!

G

·
0 Posts

I paid $900 + $50 shipping and I thought that was a steal - I would have paid $1000 no worries.

I went for the Match because it was discontinued - and then followed through with a Tactical.............

G

·
0 Posts

Shoot, I only paid $749 about a year ago at Cheaper than Dirt in Ft. Worth. That was a deal! They just wanted to get rid of the thing I guess! Lucky me...

------------------
brouhaha
USP Match 45, USP40, USPC40, USPC9, Rem PSS .308, Glock 33
Go TCU Frogs!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for the advice - the Match is on the way to me

PMD

·
Registered
564 Posts
Not sure if this has been said.
Definitley check to make sure all the serial numbers match:
Frame
Barrel
Slide

In order to check the frame you'll have to remove the weight - The allen key should be in the bag.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
296 Posts
If the match were still made, sure, a lot of us would love to own one and talk all about them. There's no reason we would go on and on about them if we don't own them or not very many people did at that.

To that end, if you have the money, find one, and want it... buy it. That's one cool gun.

Now, let's say it was made and we all talked about it quite a bit? the other USP handguns would have plenty of talk, too. The match isn't the most 100% practical setup for everything you can imagine, but it does suit many roles just fine.

For example, we talk about the USP, but the USPC gets plenty of talk because it's a slightly different animal that suits a role for many people.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I know that this is an old thread but how much are stainless Matches going for today.
You will pay as much as $2.5k for a NIB Match if you can find one. wish I would have purchased mine in 2001!

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, does the Match have the same slide as the Expert?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts