·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,019 Posts
Maybe this will help:

:)

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,019 Posts
Yes, it's definitely taking after the P30 too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I liked the previous version better too...I really like the grip on my P2k. I may change my mind altogether once I have it in hand...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The control levers look more like final production items now, this is probably close to the final version IMO. I agree with a_j, grips are too "Spiderman" for me and don't look like they would offer much traction with sweaty hands. Gloves only for this one maybe.
I do like the extended mag release, and more 1911ish safety lever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yukk-O!

It's starting to look like a Super Soaker Squirt Gun now.

Sorry but I don't like that grip it looks bigger than what it was. I'll hold one first but as it looks I'm off the list for one.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Barrell looks different.. Grip, obviously. Hmph. I was liking how it looked better before, the P2000 grip is very comfortable to me

·
Registered
114 Posts
don't like the concept of finger grooves but if it fits well I'm buying 2
love the way p2000 feels so the previous incarnation would seem to fit me best. Maybe someone who's held a P30 can chime in on the feel.
and what wrong with Spiderman? He's just trying to make it in this world same as us.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't be fooled by the look, that is tacky polymer frame...

and you will have all the traction you ever need.

Well, I just made that up.
It's always in the back my head that there's gotta be a better, simpler, cleaner design for the tactical rail than the one that is on every polymer pistol now. Do they really need to have that many grooves, notches, etc.?
The black accent of controls are nice. What does HK call that frame color? It's not sand, it's not green, may be call it "Lizard in Desert"? I still think more squared trigger guard looks better than the one here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't like finger grooves at all, but the rougher texture on the sides of the grip is an improvement I think. The spider web looking lines are kind of weird, though.

G

·
well i can say with certainty that while the older style grips offer much better all weather traction, it can really take its toll at the range after 100 rounds or so. gloved or hogued it's not as big of a problem. but in all honesty i think that grip looks mighty comfortable, i would love to try her out and see why H&K chose that particular style of grip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Overall, I like it. Yeah the grip looks a little different but I don't mind finger grooves as long as it feels right. The "spiderman" look may not be quite so obvious if the frame is black. Personally, I don't like the color, give me black or O.D. I'm not sure if its the angle but the sights look too small for suppressor use to me.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Doesnt look like it has the interchangable side grips that the P30 does.

other than that, it's the same frame.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the original was a lot better looking. Not to mention the horrible color...

I'm definitely going to keep my name off any lists until I get to hold one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Agreed about the original. It no longer looks like an HK45, it looks like a .45 P30. I liked the original look. If i want finger grooves, I'll add a hogue hand all with its soft rubber that can adjust to my fingers, not ridgid plastic finger grips that do not move. Keep the grip simple, and stick with the adjustable palm swells (not even necessary in my opinion).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Since we are on the discussion on the HK45, have anyone seen the SW M&P in 45? it is about the same size as the 40 cal, and it features a safety. It shoots very soft and it is one of the front runner again the HK45. a lot of well known insiders are giving the SW and thumbs up.

Glock's single stack 45 with thumb safety is still under wraps too.. the competition is getting thicker.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts