HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had a USP 9 since 2001, it has been the one gun I have always kept.

I recently got a factory threaded barrel for it.

I've got the gun sighted in with the original barrel perfectly, it is a tack driver for me.

I put in the threaded barrel and the accuracy really shifted quite a bit from my POA. like 2 inches to the left at 20 feet.

put the original barrel back in, back to perfectly sighted in dime sized groups.

Is this a common issue for the threaded barrels? I know there could be some differences as it is zeroed to the original barrel but THAT much different seems to be of a concern since they are both HK barrels...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
hhhmmmm, i shoot my usp45T from factory like crap, then again, i haven't zero's my sights :)
I will second this, as it has happened to me as well. good question...
welcome home S4guy2000

·
Priest of the P7
5,319 Posts
The threads matter not. They're on the outside, after all. It's just two different barrels. Drift your front sight a tiny bit. It may change again when you add a can. Of course, if you're not using a can the threaded barrel is pointless anyway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Given that a slide and barrel wear in together, I'd think it entirely possible that installing a new barrel, without the same wear pattern, would create a change in the lockup sufficient to change poi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is actually something I had thought of (I probably have 10K+ rounds through this USP) but i didn't think it would be that much. I will have to compared the T barrel to the non-T barrel.

I really got the T barrel so I could add a can later as this was really the only gun I would consider using a can on, I was trying to get it broken in a bit and I suppose I can drift the sight to re-zero then.

It is still acceptably accurate but I'm used to putting really tight groups together exactly at my POA. I'll just have to set up a setup and stick with it. (or buy another USP to build into a Can host... GASP!)

Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts