HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am interested in getting a P2000 is 40SW. I am also considering getting a silencer in the future.
So I wonder if there are threaded barrels for P2000 40SW? I know there are threaded barrels for USP, HK45, etc, but not sure there are such barrels for P2000.
If yes, how much would that cost?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Not sure I've ever seen or heard of one. HKparts.net would probably have it if it exists.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You are in luck. All you need is a P30(L) barrel and have it threaded. The lock up for the P30 and the P2000 are the exact same. Voila...P2K Tactical. :wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really?

Are you sure that you can use P30 and P30L barrel safely in P2000?

(sorry I never had any of those guns, so I have to ask ...... :(

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Really?

Are you sure that you can use P30 and P30L barrel safely in P2000?

(sorry I never had any of those guns, so I have to ask ...... :(
Here is what I found.

Here you go guys: P30L 9mm barrel on a P2000 9mm frame and slide. The P30L barrel fits perfectly and no excessive play inside the P2000 slide.
Looks like you're in luck Rican Havoc. Let me know if you want any additional pics.

Click on pics to see full-size.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I once had a positive attitude about this prospect, but I've given up on the idea. I was specifically looking for a 13.5 x 1 LH solution. Options seemed to be:

1) Roll the dice on an EFK barrel (might work or might be a POS)

2) Pay close to $300 for a factory P2000 barrel, then ship it (don't forget to insure the package for 3 bills!) and pay to have it extended, threaded and shipped back. Tornado Tech charges $150 for this work, so I figured close to $500 after all was said and done for this option. For a $600-$700 pistol? Hell naw.

3) Pay close to $300 for a P30 barrel and do the same as above, but minus the extending. You're still at around $400 for this project. Craziness.

4) Wait for Adam to get more P30 barrels in stock (aftermarket threading jobs) at $350 plus shipping. (Is this ever going to happen again?)

5) Forget the P2000 and consider other Euro options: USP9 SD, SIG, Glock (sigh), Beretta or Walther pistol.

I already have my SIG solution (factory barrel on my '98 P239) and I'm probably going to do a G19 next, even though I'm not a big Glock fan. The barrel for this project is arriving today, and I'll be able to using it on my G26 as well.

It's a damn shame that HK doesn't intend to make factory threaded barrels for the P2K. Having a factory threaded barrel really is the best way to do it IMHO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I enjoy my P2k, but I really hate how Hk has no desire to cater to the civilian demands whatsoever. Hell, it's a pain in the ass to find flat .40C floorplates and 45C mag release levers. One can get any freakin' part they want for their GLOCK, Walther, M&P, etc. Even though I prefer a stock pistol, I would still like the option of getting a few "toys" like a suppressor if I want and not have to spend a fortune and jump through hoops. Oh well. What'd the old addage? "We hate you, and you suck," right?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Keep in mind too that .40 is tough to suppress well and you dont get as much sound reduction as with 9 or .45

The quietest factory suppressed HK Ive fired was the USP 9 SD

·
Registered
313 Posts
Keep in mind too that .40 is tough to suppress well and you dont get as much sound reduction as with 9 or .45

The quietest factory suppressed HK Ive fired was the USP 9 SD
What makes .40 harder to suppress? Isn't most 180gr ammo subsonic like 147gr 9mm, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Chad III.

It is funny because I asked HK via email and here is their answer:

1)Sorry, but there is no threaded barrel for the P2000

2)No, the P30 and P2000 have different locking blocks. They ARE NOT interchangeable.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
HK is right about #1; there is no official TB for the P2000.
The P30L barrel fits perfectly in my P2000, but I haven't tried to shoot it, so we can't really say that it will work 100%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bumping this back up.

1. Aren't there some countries with minimum barrel length laws?
2. In those countries don't many manufacturers sell their handguns with extended barrels long enough to meet the requirements?
3. Does HK make such a barrel for the P2000? I thought I remembered seeing one once (a picture on the Internet)
4. If so, how would one go about importing some of those guns/barrels?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bumping this back up.

2. In those countries don't many manufacturers sell their handguns with extended barrels long enough to meet the requirements?
3. Does HK make such a barrel for the P2000? I thought I remembered seeing one once (a picture on the Internet)
Not sure about number 1, 2, 4. But 3. NO, probably aftermarket. Check out 2 links below

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/94277-threaded-barrel-9mm-p2k.html
Heckler & Koch Threaded

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Ok, I am reviving this. I have been searching and searching to no avail.

Has anyone shot a P2000 with a P30 barrel? I am going to suppress my P2000 and need to know before ordering a thread adapter and EFK barrel. And as a follow-up, has anyone actually suppressed a P2000? I can't find anyone who has. Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bumping this back up.

yes canada i think is one that does in fact i remember i youtube vid from canada with a p2k with a 106mm barrel
HK P2000 9mm (SA/DA) - YouTube

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Ok, I am reviving this. I have been searching and searching to no avail.

Has anyone shot a P2000 with a P30 barrel? I am going to suppress my P2000 and need to know before ordering a thread adapter and EFK barrel. And as a follow-up, has anyone actually suppressed a P2000? I can't find anyone who has. Thanks!

Bumping this back up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts