HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where i can find one for a usp compact 9mm?

from what i can see pple who were making them before are no longer producing them.......

does anyone have any info?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I had ADCO put a threaded extension on my Sig P226R barrel and it's ran perfectly with my Evo 9 can. Beautiful set up.

Cost was $125 and the work was performed and barrel returned to me in less than a full week.

Only minor issue was I had to put some lock tite on the ID threads that mate with the barrel itself but the extension has not come close to coming off since.

I'll easily use them again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had ADCO put a threaded extension on my Sig P226R barrel and it's ran perfectly with my Evo 9 can. Beautiful set up.

Cost was $125 and the work was performed and barrel returned to me in less than a full week.

Only minor issue was I had to put some lock tite on the ID threads that mate with the barrel itself but the extension has not come close to coming off since.

I'll easily use them again.
Thanks for the info!

im assuming that the extensions can be added to regular aftermarket barrels as well!? im sorta hesitant to have my factory barrel altered in any way.

did u use your factory barrel for the sig?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Yeah I had my factory barrel that came in the Sig done. I wouldn't hesitate to send them a barrel from one of my HK's but both of the ones I currently have already have threaded barrels.

I'm sure as long as you get a quality barrel to use you'd be fine with them. I don't see anything wrong with keeping your pistol ready to go back box stock.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
1, that made me excited as I thought I could get a P2000 and P2000sk barrel done. But I see that they only allow it to "pistol barrels at least 3.9 inches long".

Insert sad face.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I can't recall how long the barrel is on a compact Sig P228/229 exactly...If it's something comparable to that you may be in luck on the 2000. I e mailed them on the 228 after having the 226 done and was told they could do it.

Worth checking and seeing.

This image was posted on arfcom by ADCO and shows an interesting combo that they did.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's my barrel they just threaded for me. They put it in one of their P30's they had.

I can't wait!!

The P30 barrel is 3.86" and it was o.k. to thread.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sure looks good PAP30!

ADCO can do up a threaded extension for any barrel that's at least 3.9" (our P30 barrels are barely long enough!).

They could do a P2000, as long as it is 3.9"

·
Registered
39 Posts
The P2000 barrel is only 3.66" long. I don't know if they would try to thread that.

I emailed Steve at Adco for some more pics of the barrel.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Hey, small world! I'm glad you post here since that's your barrel set up.

Promise to give us a full report when you get it in and have a chance to wring it out?

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey

Is there a suppressor that you can use on .223 and 9mm? Also I want to get a suppressor for my Walther P99 and I know I need a new barrel. Who would have one for me?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, small world! I'm glad you post here since that's your barrel set up.

Promise to give us a full report when you get it in and have a chance to wring it out?

Will do.

I don't think I have ever been more excited about a pistol than I am about this P30. I have been using a P99 suppressed and I really like it, but it's like H&K took the P99 and changed everything I would have, and came up with the P30.
I should get the barrel this week, I'll let you know how it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is there a suppressor that you can use on .223 and 9mm? Also I want to get a suppressor for my Walther P99 and I know I need a new barrel. Who would have one for me?
You cannot use the same suppressor for 9mm and .223.

As for the P99 barrel, you have three choices:

1. Jarvis barrel
2. Factory german Walther barrel from Earls
3. Send your barrel to Adco and have it extended and threaded

If Jarvis actually has the barrel, it's the least expensive way to go for a barrel replacement. If they don't, you will grow old waiting for one.

The Earls barrel is a real factory German Walther barrel. It drops right in and works perfectly, but it's the left hand thread and it's quite a bit more money. When I wanted a barrel, Jarvis didn't have any in stock, so I got the Earls. There is kind of a cool factor having an "official" barrel, but if Jarvis had them, I would have gone that route. Some of the Jarvis barrels can be tight so there could be some "gunsmithing" to get them to fit and the break in could be a little longer.

Third option would be to do what I just did with my P30--send the barrel to Adco and have it extended and threaded. The P99 barrel is 4" long, so it shouldn't be a problem. This is the least expensive option, although your factory barrel is now threaded and that could affect re-sale.

·
Registered
285 Posts
ty PAP30

Thanks for the info, I will not be getting rid of my P99. I love it too much. I think I may go with Earl. Ive seen his website before and I think thats where I got my BA-6 laser from. TY

1 - 17 of 17 Posts