HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Threading a PTR91 --UPDATED -- (See last post) --

I'm intersted in a JLD PTR91 that does NOT have a threaded barrel. Is it possible to thread one? What are any concerns I should be worried about? Thanks. If it is feasible, where should I get it done and how much would it cost?
Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Contact Derek Huffman at Azexarms.com. He has a fixture that allows him to "chuck" your entire barrelled receiver into a lathe to turn the barrel threads. Some other 'smiths must remove your barrel from your receiver to do this. Be warned however that I believe the total price for this service is around $250!

A cheaper alternative is to just get a pressed-on flash hider from the likes of Jayson at IGF.

Really, beyond someone mounting and dismounting a suppressor, how many times does one actually need to ever remove their flash supressor?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm intersted in a JLD PTR91 that does NOT have a threaded barrel. Is it possible to thread one? What are any concerns I should be worried about? Thanks. If it is feasible, where should I get it done and how much would it cost?
Thanks!

Contact Mike Six at Hickman Rifles in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The price they quoted me was quite a bit less than the price listed above, plus the cost of parts.

719-633-4680

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unless the deal is really good for the cost, time and effort to get it threaded, I'd pass myself and just buy a threaded already version.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vector did it for me...

I'd forgotten about Vector Arms. As I live in Utah, I took the PTR-91 down to their shop for a quote. They didn't bat an eye. 10 days later and for $70.00 they threaded the barrel, put on a new H&K flash suppressor, and put on my bayonet lug. The work was perfect and I can't tell you how pleased I am,

BB61

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Yes they can be threaded. I have a G3K and a PTR32K that both use the factory heavy barrel and they have standard HK flash hiders but they are threaded in 17x1RH in stead of 15x1RH. This was so decreasing the diameter of the barrel was minimal. The diameter originally was 18.28mm. so only 1.28mm of material was removed as opposed to over 3mm of barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts