·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've got an 5.5" extended 9mm
HK factory barrel for my P9S still sitting
in it's plastic wrap. Other than replacing
the original barrel and putting in the longer
one (which I think would look a bit ridiculous; like shooting my USP 45 Match without the counterweight), I was thinking of other options.
I'm sure I can find somebody to thread the
barrel. Is there a standard thread pitch (?)
that I can use so that I can put on some sort
of flash suppressor and down the road, maybe
a silencer?
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Most suppressors utlize threads that are 1/2 x 28 or 1/2 x 32. I imagine a reputable company could build one of their units to work with either. If you wish to do more research in regards to what's out there before doing any physical work to the gun then check out these two suppressor
manufacturors
www.advanced-armament.com www.gem-tech.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Give us a call if you like, and ask to speak to our gunsmithing department.We have done over 100 of these guns with thread barrels and cans.And sold the factory threaded barrels here for years.

It happens to be one of our favorite HK set-ups suppressed in 9mm and 45acp.

The P9s is tops for a suppressor platform.

The [email protected]

·
1,199 Posts
Please don't butcher a 5.5" 9mm barrel.

Their value is very high relative to a std 9mm barrel. The 9mm barrel walls are thick enouth to turn down the end, then thread it. This allows you to add a threaded barrel extension that is the same outside diameter as the barrel.

Mark McWillis (member here) at TROS can perform the work and supply the adapter.

You could sell your 5.5" barrel, buy a std barrel from NUmrich, have it threaded and buy the adapter and have a decent amount of change left over.

Here are a few shots of Mark's work:

You can do any type of thread this way too... or even a 3-lug tip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please don't butcher a 5.5" 9mm barrel.

Their value is very high relative to a std 9mm barrel. The 9mm barrel walls are thick enouth to turn down the end, then thread it. This allows you to add a threaded barrel extension that is the same outside diameter as the barrel.

Mark McWillis (member here) at TROS can perform the work and supply the adapter.

You could sell your 5.5" barrel, buy a std barrel from NUmrich, have it threaded and buy the adapter and have a decent amount of change left over.

CZ-75 is right on. Save the barrel, and talk to Mark. That's the way I went and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had someone butcher both a 9mm 5.5" and a 45ACP 8" hunter barrel for supression. Cut them both down and threaded them years ago. Wish Mark was around back then. I have always felt bad about cutting them ... only time I feel good about them is when I'm shooting them! If there was another option at the time, I would have gladly taken that route.

·
1,199 Posts
There is an advantage to threading the 5.5" barrel... you don't need an adapter.

But the value of a threaded 5.5" would be no more than the value of a threaded std length barrel along with an adapter.

The only reason a longer (non-adapter) barrel would be worth more would be if it had a built in 3-lug tip... but then you could never get it out of the slide. The beauty of MArk's design, is that you can thread he barrel 1/228, then get any type of adapter you want that is removable.

I have a 3-lug tip, which is really nice since I can use the same suppressor for the MP5 and the P9S

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have an HK extended barrel that is threaded but unfortunately suppressors are not legal where I live and I dont need the threads. If someone wants to trade their extended barrel that has not been threaded for mine let me know. I can add cash to the deal as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Other Options

Just a thought....
You could keep the barrel as is in pristine new condition... Getting the barrel weight and using it that way would be cool too option to consider.... Iam sure the barrel would be of great value to anyone owning a Target or Sport Model....or a P9s collector. Sell the extra barrel and put the cash toward another HK.... perhaps a diffrent model with a threaded barrel ...the USP Tactical Compact or USP Tactical Full sized -both are at a good price point and superb models......

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know, this is an old thread, but I'm sure someone will have the answer to my question:
Was there an official HK suppressor for the P9s in 9mm, and if so, what brand and model was it?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts