HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I know HDPS now sells UMP barrels that are already threaded. But what about the flanged barrel? Would it be remotely possible to thread the part in front of the flange? I don't want to buy another 16" barrel but would like to be able to shoot it when it comes back. My idea is to have Guy at title II arms make a 16x1 LH fake suppressor and have it pinned temporarily until the stamp comes back.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Be careful making the faux suppressor as they can be VERY picky about it being able to deaden sound AT ALL.
Someone jump in and link the letter or something about this?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You can thread the flanged HDPS barrels, but with the cost of the barrel and the labor needed to thread it you may as well just buy the HDPS threaded one. I'm sending the factory barrel to be cut/threaded. I'll just wait till the stamp comes back as I'm in no hurry to finish the gun with or without a short barrel. I'm waiting it out until my stamp comes back because I really want my first time shooting the USC/UMP to be with a short barrel and suppressor.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I would skip the fake suppressor and wait until your stamp comes in. That is easy for me to say, i am about 3 weeks from getting the stamp for my usc. I bought an extra 16" barrel that i am going to have cut and threaded. I plan to use gemtec for the cut and thread, i have seen good reviews for their threading. Plus they offer the 16x1 Lh, tornado tech has a long wait and adco does not list metric threading on their website.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Adco will do it, another poster on here had his USC barrel cut to 16x1LH with them, IIRC. You just have to call them.

I saw no use for the flange so I just went ahead and got an HDPS threaded barrel even if they are a little pricey. Still debating whether to put a flash hider or a thread protector on it when I'm not shooting it suppressed. I have a 5-6 month wait to make the decision :(

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
usmachineguns.com threaded my hdps flanged bbl for $60. One week door to door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts