HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 with IB date and it has a thumb size spot that looks like it is for Forward Assists.
On the back of bolt carrier looks like D H A stamped in it. I have not seen this on any other HK 91's before or bolts.
Looking for info only.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's probably a replacement bolt carrier from a Swedish AK4, Norwegian AG3 or Danish M/66. All of these were G3 variants that had the forward assist on the bolt carrier. Not sure about the DHA. Any other markings on the carrier?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just looked at photo of a Swedish AK4 same bolt carrier 100% match. But still see no use for this the on gun.

·
Registered
217 Posts
USNSOCOM, I can tell you that the Port Buffer in the first pic needs to be more forward, on the underside, you will see where the back edge of the ejection port should be. I did the very same thing a long time ago, and after changing it, I really noticed a difference of where the brass landed.
As far as a Thumb Print Forward Assist on a G3 Bolt Carrier, I don't know how much forward pressure a person could exert to close a G3 Bolt, Especially if they have been doing extended firing. That Bolt Carrier would be very HOT !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help on the port buffer. I have been looking all over the web and here is site on the bolt H&K G3A5 - Gun Wiki
They say the samething it is there but will not work.
Would love to no how I got this bolt on my 91 I still have the box and have not put any new parts in her. I have seen 93's with this bolt grove on them over the years.
But no 91's am I the only one with one?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'd be interested. I close my carrier this way often, but don't have the grooves. It'd mainly be for first round only,instead of the slap. I don't use the slap to close on an empty chamber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts