HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased one of Century's C93 pistols, shoots good, but has one issue; It takes alot of force to get the cocking lever to go up, once the lever is up, it cocks normal. Is this something I can fix myself, or should I take the chance, and have Century work on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
"your cocking tube gap may be too high.

the piece of metal that the cocking handle levers against may be too far forward. it may have been built incorrectly or it may have worn out of spec

your only hope at an inexpensive fix is to try replacing the cocking handle with a legit HK93 cocking handle. fyi it didn't work for me.

your best bet is to call Ghilliebear. he helped me with this problem on one of my rifles

good luck"

sorry, i got this backwards. your gap may be too low. you had the opposite problem that i did. i could get mine out but couldn't pull it back

·
Registered
226 Posts
You might want to check out an extended handle or the 91 handle as others whom have experienced the same thing have done. Initially mine is a bit stubborn as well then lifts normally. I have found that copious applications of teflon grease on the cocking handle's pivot point has greatly reduced the effort required to lift the handle...or it could be that I've just done it so many times that I'm getting used to it. Try lubricating that point on the lever inside the tube that does the actual work and see if that doesn't help some. It just may need some wearing / polishing up to get it to ease up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Same issue with mine. The cocking tube was too long causing the bolt carrier to rest on the tube when in battery. I pulled the tube out and cut it down to create enough clearance. Charges great now.

There are a few threads on this board about checking the gap between the cocking tube and bolt carrier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts