HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, After getting my new MR762 a couple weeks ago, and coming from my Scar and REPR with timneys in them, and a Daniel Defense DD5 with the Geissele, I needed something better than the super gritty 5+ lb "3 stage" trigger HK offered (granted mine is brand new with 40 rounds through it, so im sure it would have lightened up a bit!). I happened to have a Timney 670 AR10 4 lb trigger that was brand new I bought for my REPR, then ended up selling the REPR for the MR762 and yanked the otherwise new trigger out, so I tried to put it in last night only to be frustrated with the fact that HK thought it would be wise to use a large pin in the hammer and a small pin on the trigger (see rant thread!). After ending that endeavor quickly and putting it back to factory, I called my friend at Timney and asked if I could drop it by to see if it could be made to work. As usual, they were up for the task and said drop it by in the morning! (See other thread where they did a Timney in my MR556 as well).

Mike was working today and said he would do what he can, and after going over the rifle a bit and looking inside, he said give him a few hours... Sure enough, right after lunch I got a call that its ready to go and test fired flawlessly! Unlike the MR556 that just required a small modification on the bevel under the safety lever, this one required a few more modifications to work including some clearance to the trigger housing, swapping one of the bushings out, and the same tail modification made to the MR556 trigger. Timney also said they would like to get a few more MR762 rifles in before selling this to the public as an official trigger as they want to check clearances on a couple rifles and make sure they are all the same (and preferably locals to avoid shipping, but they are fine with shipping as well), but mine turned out awesome and I cant wait to take it out Saturday!

The trigger used was the Timney 670 - AR-10 Replacement Trigger
If you are local in Phoenix, AZ, they charge $40 for installation and modification of the trigger (they also sell to the public at retail on their website plus tax, or 10% off for LE/Mil), but many of their retailers sell them for quite a bit less). They said as a few get done and they can consistently cut a single trigger that fits them all, they can make a production trigger and not require installation services (not sure on price, im sure they will figure it out once they have a few more done, but im sure substantially less than the Geissele!)

Anyway, hope this was helpful!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Mike:

This is great!

Thanks for your efforts and letting us know the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Timney triggers rock - have used them in bolt action builds for a number of years. Thing is here, not only did you get things situated to make you happy, you helped towards bringing something to market that will make a lot of other people happy, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts