HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if plastic tipped ammo is good to go in the 417 / MR762? Specifically the Hornady ELD-X, Sierra TMK, and Barnes TTSX. I reached out to HK by email because calling is a little less convenient at the moment (working midnights). No response from them yet. I know KAC does not recommend the use of tipped projectiles in their newest SR25 carbines because the geometry of the feed ramps can cause the plastic tip to break off and induce stoppages. Any info would be appreciated.

Tspeis

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have to use lead-free hunting ammo (I'm hunting on public land) and I use Barnes TTSX. Never had any problems in my MR308 - the same applies to other hunters that I know with their MR308 and TTSX.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone know if plastic tipped ammo is good to go in the 417 / MR762? Specifically the Hornady ELD-X, Sierra TMK, and Barnes TTSX. I reached out to HK by email because calling is a little less convenient at the moment (working midnights). No response from them yet. I know KAC does not recommend the use of tipped projectiles in their newest SR25 carbines because the geometry of the feed ramps can cause the plastic tip to break off and induce stoppages. Any info would be appreciated.

Tspeis
I've shot 40 rounds of RWS 165gr Evo Green Hit out of it and also 40 rounds of RWS Evo Green 136grain with a zink-tip and had absolutely no problems with it

Green Electronics Ammunition Technology Gun accessory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts