HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

This is my first post, and I will pick up my first HK in 9 days (PSP) -- I can't wait! I was wondering how you take care of the blued finish and how you store the pistol.

I was told to lightly oil the slide and frame, and then wrap it in a gun rug.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Also, I closely inspected the pistol yesterday, and I noticed it didn't have a date code, nor did it have the stag horn import marking. It has a low serial number (4 digits) and the importer was in Trussville, AL.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
http://www.hkpro.com/symbols.htm
Maybe this site will help you with markings or lack of. I am not sure. Also try going to the World of HK on the home page of HKPRO. Others here will be able to better help you. Welcome to HKPRO. You'll find a lot of smart people here with a lot of knowledge and better yet, willing to help.
I use Eezox on all my guns from antiques, collectable military arms, and modern guns. It is a great preservative/rust preventative. It doesn't leave a greasy feel to attract dust particles and it looks as good months later as it did when first applied. There are many other products that are good but this is what I like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
sounds like you have one of the "new" imports from the Germans...mine is a Lower Saxony from 1982...the places listed above can help...the Trussville stamp is HK's new address but is on there because they were just imported for the first time despite their maturity...
Bill

·
Registered
239 Posts
You got it right, a light coat of quality oil like Break Free CLP will do the job, wipe the excess with a clean cloth. I use very little oil on my weapons, only in critical contact areas like the slide rails, around the barrel and where the contact is made with the slide. If you have a true blue finish and not the HE black, you do want to be wary of moisture and watch for rust. I had a 5 month old SIG 220 rust on me from getting wet inside the trunk of my car, their finish leaves something (a lot) to be desired, pitting and rust set in within +/- 3 days. No fear, I had Robar in AZ go over it and spray with Roguard black then two-toned the lower out with their NP3 Gray teflon. That's the best thing I could have ever done for it or any other weapon hands down.

·
Registered
295 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good morning, and many thanks for giving me your suggestions on my query.

I'll check out the links listed above.

All the best,

Heinrich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts