HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am looking into buying my first suppressor for a USP45 and 45CT. I have decided to go with AAC. I see a lot comparing one manufacturer to another but have not seen anything comparing the tirant to the tirant S. I was wondering if anyone has shot these two side by side and could tell a difference in noise reduction.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I wouldn't go with the Tirant S. It's shorter, but the dB reduction isn't near as low. Check AACs site I think the standard Tirant is about 10 dB lower. Maybe more. I went with the Tirant 45 on my Mark 23. It's a fairly long can, but I don't notice the weight as it's very light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Being new to this sort of thing I thougt I try to get someone's opinion that has a little experience. I hear the db ratings can be a bit misleading. I am more concerned with performance than size.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
dB ratings are subjective, but the S model has less baffles. Less baffles = louder bang! I love the tirant because the pistons are are interchangable so I can use it with my Mark 23 and USP-SD. They do make a 13.5L thread for the Tirant 45 which lets me shoot 9mm rounds from a .45 can.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have the Tirant 45 not the 's'. Like skull said, less baffles equal more noise. AAC makes a great can and when I shoot mine on my Glock 21, it is so quiet it is unreal. The zing of the round off of the rocks makes more noise than the round being fired. Plus, with the interchangeable pistons you can use it on multiple calibers and hosts. Just remember not to use it on anything bigger than a .45. :100000:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good to know. I also have a USP 40. Just need to get the tactical barrel. Thanks guys. You helped me make up my mind. Let the wait begin..............
I'll post my thoughts when I actually get it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ya get the regular Tirant 45. It's hearing safe when shot dry. I don't think the short version is. You may not notice a huge difference with the short but you probably will be slowly damaging your hearing. Like others said, the Tirant 45 is an awesome can and you can use it on other host guns even pistol caliber rifles like the USC long as you have the barrel threaded properly and you get the fixed barrel spacer. Also if you plan to use it on other guns (40s&w, 9mm, etc) I would make sure you get threaded barrels that match up to the pistons AAC makes for the Tirant.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just recently shot my Tirant on my 45Ct and it rocks... when i orginally was looking the guy at the shop was trying to sell me a Hems-2 and actually let me shoot his personal one. I was very glad I went with the Tirant. Almost as quiet as a trident on a 9sd.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got the Tirant S for my USP 45C. I bought a factory CT threaded barrel to swap out and am extremely pleased with the combination. I did some comparisons before I bought the "S" and in my opinion the length of the full size Tirant was just too long on the 45C, it felt uncomfortable. Yes the performance of the full size is better, but I almost always shoot the "S" wet and as such, it is still incredibly quiet. The reduction in length and weight was worth it to me. Here is a picture of the short and long side by side...

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I got the Tirant S for my USP 45C. I bought a factory CT threaded barrel to swap out and am extremely pleased with the combination. I did some comparisons before I bought the "S" and in my opinion the length of the full size Tirant was just too long on the 45C, it felt uncomfortable. Yes the performance of the full size is better, but I almost always shoot the "S" wet and as such, it is still incredibly quiet. The reduction in length and weight was worth it to me. Here is a picture of the short and long side by side...

Thanks for sharing. That's a good picture and good info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts