HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my TLR-2 streamlight and am waiting for my GG&G to arrive. Kind of like the horse before the saddle thing. The streamlight has a part in the mounting area marked with a "GL" , is this ready to be mounted right to my GG&G the way it is or do I have to do something different?

·
Registered
851 Posts
+1 with Landpimp. Should be good to go right out of the box. It is a really sweet setup. I have it for my Tactical 45 but will probably switch it over to my full size USP 9.

L

·
0 Posts
that is the rail key.

your streamlight should have come with 3 of them. glock (GL), TSW/99, and the standard picatinny adaptor (1913).

it sounds like you have the glock unit installed. swap it out and install the one labeled '1913'.

if you didnt get the full key kit, streamlight should be able to hook you up with one for free.

i just checked on mine; and while the glock key will work on a standard picatinny rail, it will jiggle because its slightly smaller. you are going to get a bit of front/back sliding on the rail. but alittle extra tightening with a coin will fix this enough to keep the light nice and secure despite minimal front/back movement.

you can email or call streamlight and im sure they will send you the 1913 picatinny piece. its easy to install

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off the phone with streamlight, at first he said he would locate a dealer for me to purchase one for about $15.00 I gave him my zip code and I guess it pays to live in the middle of nowhere cause he said never mind, give me your address and I will just send you one for free! Man, I am on a roll, what a country!! :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mine went well with the GL key. I tried the pic rail key on mine, it didn't attach on/off as quick/well.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
None of mine came with more than the one key installed. The GG&G is not a pic rail so the GL key is the one you want anyway.

·
2,832 Posts
hmmm, I bought my TLR2 new(when they 1st came out).....and it came with no other mounts, just the unit itself w/built in mount

I

L

·
0 Posts
i think the newer models lacked the key kits; they started to include them only recently at no additional charge. i had a feelin they would send you one for free :) its such a small cheap part there's no reason it should cost more than .50 cents

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well at this point I guess I"ll have one more part to go in the ever expanding spare stuff drawer, may the best part win :D

·
2,832 Posts
might be why the price has gone up, mine was just over $200, now $250+ same dealer

i think the newer models lacked the key kits; they started to include them only recently at no additional charge. i had a feelin they would send you one for free :) its such a small cheap part there's no reason it should cost more than .50 cents

L

·
0 Posts
well, a 50 dollar price increase for a 10 dollar key kit doesn't sound right. there has to be something else jacking up the price. maybe they are using newer LED technology now, who knows.

here is a link to the key kit if anyone needs one

http://www.tactical-store.com/ts-sq-za-69175.html

StreamLight has made it standard to ship their TLR1/TLR2 with the GLock adaptor installed. i have no idea why; perhaps because while the 1913 will work only with standard picatinny rails, the glock adaptor can work somewhat for both.

but you should have definitely received the kit with the light.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you remove the key from the light and install directly to the HK rail (without using the GG&G mount)? Looks like it might clamp around the HK rails without the key installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you remove the key from the light and install directly to the HK rail (without using the GG&G mount)? Looks like it might clamp around the HK rails without the key installed.
It still won't fit properly. I've read that people have modified the light (grinding off material) to make it fit, but that to me is not worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts