HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing some discussion, or maybe it was on Ed's site that the TN stock/grip is not actually US made. Does anyone have any verification that the stocks are actually made in the states? I am interested in using the stock minus the grip adapter for another compliance part. I have noted that their stocks have a slightly different profile to them.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I remember seeing some discussion, or maybe it was on Ed's site that the TN stock/grip is not actually US made. Does anyone have any verification that the stocks are actually made in the states? I am interested in using the stock minus the grip adapter for another compliance part. I have noted that their stocks have a slightly different profile to them.
Where did you here this? I ordered a set just here recently for compliance parts, so don't tell me that. Wouldn't think they'd do that. There are minor but obvious color, texture, and minor dimensional differences between them and any other stocks I've seen, so they aren't just scrubbed std stocks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just went to HDPS site and found this:

"Also note that another brand of conversion that uses a lower receiver/pistol grip as one piece and block for AR stocks, all their parts ARE NOT made in U.S. and none of them count as compliance parts. Don't make an illegal mistake!"

Maybe this is about HERA, the pains of memory excluded the AR stock part and I only thought about the combined TN kit. Do the HERA kits allow for exchanging the grips? Or is there something else out there that this is referring to?

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Just went to HDPS site and found this:

"Also note that another brand of conversion that uses a lower receiver/pistol grip as one piece and block for AR stocks, all their parts ARE NOT made in U.S. and none of them count as compliance parts. Don't make an illegal mistake!"

Maybe this is about HERA, the pains of memory excluded the AR stock part and I only thought about the combined TN kit. Do the HERA kits allow for exchanging the grips? Or is there something else out there that this is referring to?
Since it mentions AR stocks, it's probably HERA. AFAIK, the TN block is just set up for their copy of the HK stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts