HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many are taking the plunge?

I have a kit that I have been trying to find a decent priced USC, but now, I am looking to this.

looks real nice, custom Ser#, well priced ($350) but no front sight...WTFO!!!

Anyway, would like to here some other opinions.

V

·
Registered
93 Posts
hey Vic,

I think HDPS has the same thing in the works except made of allow instead of plastic. Sounds much nicer, I just purchases a conversion myself I'll let you know how it turns out....

·
Registered
356 Posts
I must say that I went in for 2 of the UMP clone rec with the barrel deal they offered. I figured it would be worth the plunge for as little money as they were asking. I have been gathering (used) parts here and there and figure I am in for less than $750 total for a pistol configuration including all parts and rec.

Even if I get it and hate it, I figured I could get my money back out on Gunbroker.

To answer the question ...how that cheap (couple of posts below..)
I found misc parts all over, on boards (here and elsewhere), at Knob Creek (Friday am, better stuff gone in the first hour if it is even there when opened to public). Many months of looking and many used parts. Will take many more months to get parts for 2nd UMP clone receiver.
I think the hardest thing to find is the cocking handle assembly. (IMO)
Also, I got in on the early (Thanksgiving) discounted receiver deal w/ barrel package. I dont know if TN is still offering that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I sent my deposit in for the receiver only. Like mentioned above...... It is so inexpensive that even if it is not up to my standards I can always get rid of it. I am extremely hopeful!

Max,
If you don't mind me asking how/where were you able to acquire those parts so reasonably? I understand that you are getting the receiver and barrel for 450 but how about the bolt, recoil rod/spring, ejector, lower assy, sights, etc? That would only have you at 300 for all of those other needed parts.

I can not wait.......... :380:I am thinking about freezing myself and then thawing out once it is available.

TIA,
TC

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goog luck

I am in the box til next year. Please keep us all informed on all of your builds

V

·
Registered
48 Posts
I sent my deposit in for the receiver only. Like mentioned above...... It is so inexpensive that even if it is not up to my standards I can always get rid of it. I am extremely hopeful!

Max,
If you don't mind me asking how/where were you able to acquire those parts so reasonably? I understand that you are getting the receiver and barrel for 450 but how about the bolt, recoil rod/spring, ejector, lower assy, sights, etc? That would only have you at 300 for all of those other needed parts.

I can not wait.......... :380:I am thinking about freezing myself and then thawing out once it is available.

TIA,
TC
I'm wondering the same thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts