HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to the forums. I have a question. I want to get a USP Match pistol. They are hard to find and fairly expensive. I have been told that I can make a "clone". What do I need to do that? What caliber is best to use? 9mm, 40 or 45? Please, help!! Thank you!

Frank

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Any caliber! You need the 'Match' weight and proper length barrel. Pinion327 built one on a USP .40sw, he also installed a Jet Funnel kit on it. I got to shoot last week, very smooth/accurate ... SURE didnt feel like a .40sw, felt like a .380. Maybe he will post more details, I was more interested in shooting his Expert .45! =)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
To make a true match clone you will need following:
Jarvis barrel
Match Trigger kit
Adjustable sights
Jet Funnel Kit (for 9 or 40)
Match Barrel Weight

All of this stuff is easily accesible except the weight. Those are not made as extra parts and are only able to be found when someone who has a match feels like selling it. And you will have to pay for their rarity. The weights have been known to go for $200+.

Good luck!

·
Registered
783 Posts
If you go with the .45, which would be my choice, you don't have to worry about the Jet Funnel kit or the clear mags. .. just a thought!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
HK USP .45 +/-$800.00
HK big $$$ IF you can find one or Jarvis 6.02” BBL: $215.00
Adjustable Sights: $144.95
Match Trigger: $129.95
BBL Weight: ??? The last ones I remember were painted not engraved, and sold for around $250.00; that was several years ago.

+/-$1289.90 + BBL Weight

Add to this cost the bag and whatever the weight is going to cost (+$250.00) plus install of the Match trigger and sights (unless you’re going to perform the install) and you might as well find a used factory Match.

Not sure how much you’ll be able to save; I haven’t seen a BBL weight for sale for some time now. I’m pretty sure that the BBL weights that you will find for sale did not come off of a factory gun, but you never know. I can't imagine someone tearing one down and parting it out. There are two different BBL weights that I have seen, one is engraved and the other has "Match" and "HK" just painted on the surface. The latter is the only one I have seen for sale. All of the factory guns that I have seen had the engraved weight. I am not saying this was the only way they came, but the ones I was able to get my hands on were engraved.

There were HK 6.02” BBLs available at one time as well.

Link to a thread about aftermarket BBL weights:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/100187-making-hk-clone-usp-match-weights-13.html

Good luck and keep us posted as to your findings.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
783 Posts
listen to squib.. get a .45 Match... I personally don't like building guns to become other guns (especially pistols). It's just never quite the same... and this isn't a trigger job. This is a good amount of work. I'd like all my serials to match up too. Then it becomes a real keeper and collector's item.

Just my personal opinion. Let us know what you decide to to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts