HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the current owner of a xg3s imported from Pars. I am looking to add to my 308 collection and I am looking at an hk91. If I don't get the 91 I will get a DPMS 308 AR and a 6.8 upper (also from DPMS) for a built AR lower that I have sitting in a safe. I have two Rock River AR's in 223 so I don't need another one.

I guess I am looking for opinions here. Which way would you guys go?

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
DPMS is good (have not priced lately), but I would personally go the HK91 route (though accessories may be more expensive than DPMS), especially for value retention.

For shooting purposes, may want to go the DPMS route though.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
If you are a collector (you said collection) then get the 91

The 91 is unique - a semi auto version of the paramilitary rifle that was the standard issue weapon in many countries.

Plus the 91 would look nice displayed next to your FMP .308.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the DPMS 6.8 but just because it'd be a fairly unique rifle.

Am I allowed to say that on an H&K forum? :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would buy a used HK91, sell my XG3S then buy the DPMS upper. You can do whatever you want to an HK91. An XG3S must comply with importation rules.

JPG

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I would say it really depends what you want the 308 for. If you are looking at doing a lot of add-ons, it's hard to match the AR platform.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would encourage you to go for the HK-91. I think they are a bit heavy, but well made.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Keepin in mind the cost of .308 vs .223, I would consider an HK93, SL8 or V93. It might be cheaper in the long run.

JPG

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They will not take a Credit Card. that is the only way I buy online. I had a bad time a few months back with a rolex daytona I bought on line. If I had not paid with a CC I would have been out of luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts