1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon All,

Need to talk through a quandary I've put myself in:

I recently was able to pick up P30's in both the v1 & v3 trigger variants. My intention was to set the up as identically as possible (grips & sights) and run them against each other on the clock to see if there was a significant performance difference. Over the weekend I also managed to score an excellent P30sk v1 for a silly good price and I'm now trying to decide whether I should just sell the P30 v3. This additional purchase doesn't put me in a financial bind but having both seems a bit silly, and offsetting the sk purchase is probably the right idea. I still have my P30L v3, (I keep missing out on "in stock" notifications for a v1) and as it was my first HK it has a bit of sentimental value.

From what I'm seeing on GB and the forums marketplace I can definitely get my money out of my v3, which would be a nice start on my SP5 fund.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Normally I'd say the correct answer is always "keep", but if this is part of your path to a SP5, selling while the market is hot is a good option.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would definitely get rid of the V3 and keep the others... but I also prefer my P30 pistols in the LEM variant. You still will have your other P30 and the P30L and you can't go wrong with an SP5.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Normally I'd say the correct answer is always "keep", but if this is part of your path to a SP5, selling while the market is hot is a good option.
Yea, that's kinda where I'm at. I definitely won't lose money (or at least not much) selling it as I bought it used at a great price. The SP5 is a long way off but at least paying off the P30sk is a good start.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would definitely get rid of the V3 and keep the others... but I also prefer my P30 pistols in the LEM variant. You still will have your other P30 and the P30L and you can't go wrong with an SP5.
Thanks, I'm notoriously indecisive unless I'm impulse shopping (hence 3 P30's in as many months) just need that confirmation bias I guess.

Reactions: RetropM

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks, I'm notoriously indecisive unless I'm impulse shopping (hence 3 P30's in as many months) just need that confirmation bias I guess.
At the end of the day, only you can make the choice. But you already have multiple P30 pistols and no SP5 so IMO it's an easy choice. But then again, I understand why it's not easy. I have regretted selling (almost) every gun I have ever sold.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@PorterM THAT is a very valid point.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not knowing the premium of a V1 vs a V3, I’d stick with the original plan and see which one you preferred, selling the other...unless you are committed to the V1 to keep operations consistent between the P30 and SK, then I’d sell the V3.

P30’s and their variants will always be available, the SP5, maybe so, maybe not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts