HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering If I need the scrapping tool for my P7 or not? This is my first P7 and I'm new to this gun. I've read conflicting things here and on other boards about how you need the scapping tool to clean the tunnel the gas piston rides in properly. I've also heard the the tool shouldn't be used so which is it guys what have you P7 owners found to be the case? Can the gas piston tunnel be cleaned properly with the supplied brush or do I need to tool? I've read that over time the tunnel can become fouled and impede function. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
The manuals say 500 or 1000 rounds (or once a year) depending on whether you're reading the operators manual or the armorer's manual. They say to not use any metal anything on the piston, not even brass brushes.

So I'll take a leap of faith that HK knew what they were doing when they wrote the manuals (in spite of the disagreement). I cleaned mine once (since they were both used) and will clean them again in 6 months or so, which should be right under 500 rounds.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
500 rounds in 6 months. Man you don't shoot much do you.
If that was the only gun I shot, then no. But I spread my shooting around 2 P7M13s, a P7M8, MP5-N, SR9T, 3 HK91s, and 2 HK93s. Oh, and a cheap 20 year old Ruger P85 that still shoots as well as any of them do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts