HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now Todd has eight of the fifty sears left at $12,500, which is a whole lot more than I anticipated. If he gets commitments on these he can do the deal. I assume that most of the buyers will be speculators. If we return to CZ-75's Economics 101 supply and demand graph, do you predict that we may have some increase in supply and that demand will remain constant, thus causing the fall in sear price that I predict is coming. If I am wrong, the first one who reminds me on Dec. 31st 2009 gets dinner on me!
God Bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I've said all along that there is a theoretical limit to what people will pay. Have we reached it? I'm not sure. The price of that ORF buy seems to be "on the believable side", considering the market at this time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would hate to be the one trying to collect $12500 from 50 people. Maybe he should take a non refundable deposit (if all sears are spoke for) so people are less likely to bail out & if he can not find 50 buyers he ca refund the deposits.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
AviatorDave has been following these 50 sears and I think he has said that he is in for one. Maybe he can give a more current update with specific details.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here is Todd's latest post on the deal: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=97678

For those who prefer to see without making the jump:

Guys,

I have 8 spots left for the 50 sear pack deal. Need some buyers. These are SH mfg sears installed in Hk SEF steel lowers. Deal is gonna wrap up around the end of the year and money will be due around the first of the year in full. Email with any questions, but I think most have been answered on the various sites.

1 SH sear installed in a steel SEF pack no ejector, ejector spring, or ejector retaining pin included $12500.00 ea plus SH F3 from OH

[email protected] for questions Thanks Todd

Rapid Fire​

1285 Archer Dr​

Troy, OH 45373​

·
Registered
311 Posts
Imagine how pissed all the sear owners out there that paid $8 to $13K for their sears are when the Supreme Court outlaws "outright gun bans."

Its possible with the currently being heard "Heller vs. DC" case.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Imagine how pissed they will be, when the Supreme Court decides there shouldn't be any restrictions, according to the 2nd Amendment, on the type of guns and all the old and new guns in the market become civilian allowed.

Be Safe
Gayle

Imagine how pissed all the sear owners out there that paid $8 to $13K for their sears are when the Supreme Court outlaws "outright gun bans."

·
Registered
390 Posts
That would be great because I would be able to have more & newer machineguns at a cheaper price but it will never happen. As far as loosing our NFA rights it is allways a possibility but we have a long time to go before that would possibly happen & I would be more worried about the US going into a recession.

·
Registered
611 Posts
and if the ban was reversed, the govt could alwasy raise the 200 buck transfer tax to 10,000 and we would all be in the same boat except have nothing to show for the 10K paid on the transfer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
and if the ban was reversed, the govt could alwasy raise the 200 buck transfer tax to 10,000 and we would all be in the same boat except have nothing to show for the 10K paid on the transfer.
Very true.

Wasn't the reason for the $200 price tag in 1934 for NFA transfers was because that was the cost of a Thompson?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts

Not really. If you read how the court phrased the question (yes, the court writes the question to be argued upon), it applies only to DC residents. While it will be a precident setting (or overturning) case, it's not going to supercede GCA'68 or FOPA'86. Further cases down the road may, but I really can't see how because current law doesn't forbid them, just forbids making new ones.

Maybe some clever gun-loving attorney will find a way to bring a case. Hopefully her Thighness doesn't win, and we can get some more originalist Supremes on the bench. Look at me, dreaming again...

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts

I bought a Fleming at $12k+ and would STILL be delighted if the ban were overturned. Small price to pay, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

Nothing could make me a happier gun buyer. Sadly, what is possible and what is probable, are parsecs away.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I could see in the future maybe a change in the bill. Once the prices get into the 20-25k range there's going to be enough people who would rather spend that same amount of money trying to make a case out of it, who knows how they would approach it but anything is possible.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts

I pray every night that this will happen, however, I do have a good grip on reality.

·
Registered
390 Posts
What if aliens came from outer space and gave us laser guns? Then we would not need machine guns anymore.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I bought a Fleming at $12k+ and would STILL be delighted if the ban were overturned. Small price to pay, in my opinion.
no matter what most of the "sear owning folks" on this board say, you are a rarity indeed. I guess ~50% would be really pissed/mad, ~50% would rejoice and buy some more and look at it positively. Either way, you would have to be an alien to NOT lament over the loss of your $13K sear thats now worth $150. Fact is, most folks buying fa/sears EXPECT their "investment" to go up in value. They would not have purchased if they though it would stay stable in price, or actually drop in value. However, such an investment DOES come with some risk of loosing almost 100% at the whim of .GOV.

·
Registered
390 Posts
no matter what most of the "sear owning folks" on this board say, you are a rarity indeed. I guess ~50% would be really pissed/mad, ~50% would rejoice and buy some more and look at it positively. Either way, you would have to be an alien to NOT lament over the loss of your $13K sear thats now worth $150. Fact is, most folks buying fa/sears EXPECT their "investment" to go up in value. They would not have purchased if they though it would stay stable in price, or actually drop in value. However, such an investment DOES come with some risk of loosing almost 100% at the whim of .GOV.
Do you own a registered Hk autosear or any NFA weapons?

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
The lawyer in me would absolutely prefer that the second amendment be given its proper due. The cop in me doesn't fear this.

I'd much rather that there be no more "pre-sample" and "post-sample" and that all lawful purchasers could get the real deal--pushpin 9x series weapons, M16's, and HK416's, etc.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.