HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, after months of trying to figure out what my first handgun is going to be(knew it'd be an HK but picking which one to buy first was tough) I've decided on the v2 p2000 that I will be purchasing in a couple weeks. My question is what exactly is the meat and potatoes of the Todd Green Special? I know it deals with swapping certain springs but what advantage/difference(s) does it give? Is it basically an improved v4-ish trigger because I've read(could have been misinformed) it is only about a 1/2 difference in trigger pull than the v4. I can't wait to see what you guys reply with because anytime I can learn more about HK is time well spent in my mind

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The TGS LEM variant is a trigger weight between V1 and V4 weight. To get to TGS from V2 you change the firing pin block spring and the hammer spring with the ones from the V3. If you were to change the trigger rebound spring as well you would have a V1. I personally swapped to TGS instead of V1 for 2 reasons.
1. There have been a couple cases of people having issues with their weapon not reseting in very extreme conditions (covered in mud, etc.) with V1. Do I plan on having my gun covered in mud? No. But this is my carry piece and I'm not gonna take a chance.
2. The TRS is a pain in the A$$ to change.
I really like the TGS personally.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. That sounds like an excellent set up, lighter trigger pull but keeps a strong reset. Can't wait to be able to try it out!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The weights in this chart are quite a bit under the measured weights of my LEM. Add a pound -- or two -- to these weights to match my measurements.

Standard LEM (V2 in the P2000SK) in all three of mine was over 9 pounds so the "Todd Green" trigger weight looks like it'd be 8.5 pounds. No thanks!

My lowest Light LEM trigger measures 5.3 pounds, the other two just over 5.5. All with the lightest springs HK provides.

These part numbers are pretty much P30 specific. Maybe P2000.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
393 Posts
My P30 and P2000, both set up as V4 plus non-LEM hammer spring (AKA Todd Green Special) both weight in between 6lbs and 6.5lbs.

The above P30 chart has the V4 and TGS trigger pull weights backwards I assume. The TGS would be lighter than the V4 since it's adding the lighter hammer spring.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My P30 and P2000, both set up as V4 plus non-LEM hammer spring (AKA Todd Green Special) both weight in between 6lbs and 6.5lbs.

The above P30 chart has the V4 and TGS trigger pull weights backwards I assume. The TGS would be lighter than the V4 since it's adding the lighter hammer spring.
Agree...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts