HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Best part of the whole thing was when they put the lead out for Rainbow 6. I have always been a fan and often wondered why it hasnt been used as a movie franchise as they did with video games. Hopefully it will be done well and not be cheesy. Lots of potential for HK!!

·
Banned
151 Posts
Finally... the truth! They ruined the story, but I guess that what Drama is all about. Im not a big Clancy fan, but do enjoy some of his work. I think that was one of his best Story line that was unfortunately bastardized by Hollywood.
Seen the same storyline one too many times, Now he wants revenge but later finds out that his wife is still alive. Blah blah blah. Didn't enjoy it. Zero wow moment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finally... the truth! They ruined the story, but I guess that what Drama is all about. Im not a big Clancy fan, but do enjoy some of his work. I think that was one of his best Story line that was unfortunately bastardized by Hollywood.
Honestly, the best time for Hollywood to have adapted Without Remorse was in 1995, as a prequel tie-in to 1994's Clear and Present Danger, starring Willem Dafoe as Clark. I would have loved to see them adapt the book closely and set it in Vietnam and in Maryland. They apparently had a script in the works but it got stuck in development hell, as many good things in Hollywood are prone to doing.

·
Banned
151 Posts
They could have also done it during the early 2000's. While The "Bourne" movies and mission impossible where hot. This is superhero time i guess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I suffered through the obvious attempts to make the story "woke" (like a female SEAL with zero muscle tone and 110 lbs of body weight :rolleyes:) and the blatant absurdities (like SECDEF eating dinner in a bar alone, or a mid-level CIA punk becoming Director over secrets -- rather than being "sanctioned" in Rock Creek Park) to see the weapons. it was free on Amazon, so it didn't cost me anything but time.

Overall, I like Amazon's treatment of Jack Ryan better -- still a bit unbelievable but not overly so (unless they end up making him President like Clancy did). I do enjoy watching good gun handling by actors like Tom Cruise or Keanu Reeves, who go to the trouble to get training before they get in front of the camera. I can suspend my disbelief to watch John Wick take down a house full of bad guys with his P30L. I wish Michael Mann would do another gun-heavy film, like Heat and Collateral!

·
Registered
521 Posts
It was not a good movie. Very boring. The gun play was ok.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think Without Remorse was one of the best written novels from TC. Great narrative and storyline. I just viewed the film on Amazon, and it really sucked. No roots to the novel, and the characters were not compelling. The hell was Hollywood thinking?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think Without Remorse was one of the best written novels from TC. Great narrative and storyline. I just viewed the film on Amazon, and it really sucked. No roots to the novel, and the characters were not compelling. The hell was Hollywood thinking?
Agree with this and all other similar comments above. Without Remorse is my favorite Clancy book, and I've read all of them. I had reservations when I saw the ads and previews for the movie, but I swallowed them and sat down to watch the movie on the day it dropped. It. Was. Horrible. Typical woke remake of a fantastic piece of work that results in a steaming pile. I just rolled my eyes at the Rainbow Six tease at the end... no way I could get excited about it after watching that.

ETA- While not true to any Clancy book I've read, I think the Jack Ryan series on Amazon is great. I'm also really looking forward to The Terminal List. From what I've seen so far, it looks like it's going to stay fairly close to the book's narrative.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Agree with this and all other similar comments above. Without Remorse is my favorite Clancy book, and I've read all of them. I had reservations when I saw the ads and previews for the movie, but I swallowed them and sat down to watch the movie on the day it dropped. It. Was. Horrible. Typical woke remake of a fantastic piece of work that results in a steaming pile. I just rolled my eyes at the Rainbow Six tease at the end... no way I could get excited about it after watching that.

ETA- While not true to any Clancy book I've read, I think the Jack Ryan series on Amazon is great. I'm also really looking forward to The Terminal List. From what I've seen so far, it looks like it's going to stay fairly close to the book's narrative.
Fully agree!
You know they did the same with Robert Ludlum (dear God, I just dated myself)!
Look at the Jason Bourne series, albeit Matt Damon did an exceptional job as Bourne. But they deviated from the story line, why? Did they think they could really make it better? They obviously did not!
John Clark was not credited as 1st SOG, and did nothing that showed his skill level, Maybe they should have gotten IDoris Elba to play the part... he would have been bad a**!!!

M.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts